Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company- lies and more lies.......

Options
  • 13-01-2010 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

My brother lives in a complex that was built with planning from Dunlaoghaire Rathdown Council. They stipulated only one car park space per unit. There are quite a few blocks o apartments and 1 row of houses.

A lot of the apartments are let out and the landlords dont inform the tenants there is one space or they tell them to park anywhere. The problem is they are parking on the road. Having been in touch with the management company on his behalf time and time again they put up signs and got some stickers - this lasted or a while and the parking improved. There are lots of unused spaces as there is a whole block unsold.

In september the builder who still owns units let out a load of them to students - this is another problem as you can imagine, noise, drinking etc. More complaints to the management company who fob you off with "Oh yes we have spoken to the rep from the university etc etc" Anyway the students would not pay for a fob for the underground car park and so began to park opposite the houses. The parking spaces or the houses are directly outside these row of houses and so as a result - not that it was impossible but you had to manoeuver your car in and out of spaces with very little room. Now if visitors come - you dont mind for a couple of hours but this is constant. And last week with the snow etc the cars were all over the place in the complex so with 2 or 3 cars directly in front of the houses you would not chance reversing into a space.

The management company say they have mail dropped the owners etc. They tried to bring in clamping but it was turned down by a vote. Get this, the apartments are in the majority and with most of them being landlords they dont give a damn so long as they let out their properties and as Ive pointed out with the row of houses being in the minority and its the houses that suffer the effects of this reckless parking - they havent got a chance of overturing this decision.

I have been emailing and emailing. I have been promised everything was going to happen but nothing has - the situation gets worse for my brother. I admit my emails were becoming less than polite - in as far as I told them as there was no yellow lines etc what if we parked on the other side of the road and left it there- what would they do. The whole road would be blocked however - they couldnt point a finger at us as the cars on the other side of the road who are permanently there are as much at fault.

I got no response and after another email got no response - so yesterday I sent an angry email and was told today I am not permitted to contact them again and their it department would make sure my emails didnt get through.

Now I have heard that they have no money to do anything. Its a joke! Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

cant residents get together to tell the council to double yellow the road for you?

so id say get dublin cc or whatever to do that, im mostly guessing/assuming here tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

In some ways, they are right.

You are not a member of the management company, so therefore the management agent doesn't have to deal with you. Hassling them won't always get issues resolved. Being rude/impolite won't help your case either.

Unless parking is allocated, people can park anywhere. The planning requirement may be for one space per unit, but that only means if there are 100 units there must be 100 spaces. It doesn't mean that every unit will actually be able to use a parking space. It's down to the wording of the planning permission and also the "Lease Contract" signed when buying a premises.

To enforce parking, they need to bring in clamping and allocated spacing. The ONLY way to do this is via a vote at the AGM (which only shareholders can attend and vote (unless someone is sent as a proxy)). If, at the vote, the motion is not passed, there is nothing that can be done, other than propose the same motion next year.

By the way, you need to distinguish between the management company (made up of all shareholders and unit owners) and the management agent (who works on behalf of the management company).

While I understand you are annoyed and frustrated, you have very very limited ability to have any influence. Maybe the shareholders effected can group together and try to gain more support with those less effected?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,360 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What lies?

Advertisement