Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveaboard In Dublin

• 13-01-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Is it possible to live abaord a cruising yacht in Dublin in any of the Marina's?

I know you can have your both moored at any marina at a cost but is there any law or marina rule that wont allow you to live on your yacht?

I am planning to buy a 28 to 33 foot yacht and live on it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Howth, Dun Laoghaire and Poolbeg marinas are all based in state harbours and no liveaboards are allowed. Malahide, to the best of my knowledge, doesn't allow liveaboards either. It's not a runner in any location on the east coast unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

I believe that a lot of people live on boats on ther canal in places like Hazelhatch and Sallins.
    I don't know what the situation is with permission or security but it they are fairly close to Dublin.
    May help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

gmca1974 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it possible to live aboard a cruising yacht in Dublin in any of the Marina's?

Yes it is possible. But there are constraints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kryo

i been living on my boat here in Arklow. no problems whatsoever.. have the shorepower too..
    Newross and waterford is great too for live-aboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ripon

kryo wrote: »
    i been living on my boat here in Arklow. no problems whatsoever.. have the shorepower too..
    Newross and waterford is great too for live-aboard.

I would like to know if there are any mooring/berthing places Available , and how I go about securing one as I’m intending on living on my boat by September, and wish to Have her situated within Dun Laoghaire Harbor, On average what would be the cost for a 30 foot yacht for 12 months ? sorry for the newbieness questions .Would be greatly appreciated for any info you can give me.

• Advertisement

I would like to know if there are any mooring/berthing places Available , and how I go about securing one as I’m intending on living on my boat by September, and wish to Have her situated within Dun Laoghaire Harbor, On average what would be the cost for a 30 foot yacht for 12 months ? sorry for the newbieness questions .Would be greatly appreciated for any info you can give me.

Anyone help!

Advertisement