Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP and dentist in Trim - any recommendations?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 5:22pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, any recommendations for a GP and dentist in Trim? Dublin Road area preferable but not vital. It would be for a family, not just myself, so if the GP is also a paediatrician, all the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I can recommend the best doctor I've ever been to. Dr Noel Clancy on the Navan Road, just as you're coming into the town (past the traffic lights).

For the dentist, there's an excellent guy called Karl Cassidy. The practice is beside the newsagents further down this road.

I'll PM you the phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

what chewed says on both accounts.

Doc Clancy isn't to be passed - he's slow with his patients (some people don't like this especially if there are say 4 ahead of you in his surgery and you know it is now going to be 2 hours before you will be seen) but really really thorough. Doesn't have receptionist or any fluffy stuff. A one man band as it were but I wouldn't pass his door tbh.

The other half of the Cassidy dental practice is Lynch and tbh i've been to both and they are both excellent. I know some people have issues with dentistsor perhaps that's even going to the dentist - happily i'm not one of those. To me its a half hour of discomfort for years of comfort. But again, I wouldn't pass these guys doors.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Great stuff, thanks for the info both!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

Noel Clancy is brilliant. He gives you lots of time and is not a bread head if he was he would cut you back to 5 minutes.He takes no crap and talks straight which at times can be strange from a Doctor.. He can also be very charitable.You will wait but you will get his FULL attention as long as you need it. He is great at dealing with hospitals who sometimes feel he is a little cautious, no hospital is allowed treat any of his patients with any less concern than Dr Clancy himself. .I know no Dentists in Trim. Dentists terrify me I would swim naked in the Boyne before going to any one. I am very lucky I have good teeth but I never got over as a 12 year old the filling with no anesthetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Susan Murray dentist, over Kiely's butcher. 100% recommend her and all her staff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 topcat4

George Doyle is by far the best doctor in Trim. Good efficient service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

george doyle IMO is not very efficient. or good in anyway. you'll be waiting forever and he misses things. all the time (when he's actually there)

just my opinion, but my whole family have gone to him for the last 25yrs (except for me) and they have plenty of bad and unsatisfying experiences with that surgery, dunno why the hell they stay with him tbh.

just my opinion (before anyone attacks!)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well I finally got over my dentist phobia and got sorted by Dr. Cassidy. Good guy, especially for bags of nerves like myself! If you're nervous about dentists, I'd recommend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Dr Clancy is a QUACK and more interested in talking about history than anythign else

Just on to the dentist surgery on Navangate, apparently Dr. Cassidy is gone now. :( Anyone know where he's relocated to?

• Advertisement
Advertisement