Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Senior Cup

• 13-01-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

After more than a decade (that's before yous were made-up Fingal) the LSC is back, never had the joys of attending a LSC match so it should be fun, especially as we've been drawn against the winner of Tolka Rovers or St.Kevins. Full draw:

Preliminary Round Draw
    Bluebell United v Wayside Celtic
    Tolka Rovers v St Kevins Boys
    Bangor Celtic v Tullamore Town
    Ballymun United v F C Carlow
    (Fixtures to be played on or before Sunday February 7th)

First Round Draw
    Shamrock Rovers v Wexford Youths
    Bohemians v Bluebell United or Wayside Celtic
    Tolka Rovers or St Kevins Boys v Shelbourne
    Sporting Fingal v Longford Town
    Bray Wanderers v Athlone Town
    Ballymun United or F C Carlow v Dundalk
    Bangor Celtic or Tullamore Town v U C D
    St Patricks Athlletic v Drogheda United
    (Fixtures to be played on or before Sunday February 28th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

What is the point of reviving this competition when the League Cup is already such a joke? Do we really need another nothing cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

fh041205 wrote: »
    What is the point of reviving this competition when the League Cup is already such a joke? Do we really need another nothing cup?

Especially one that existed before Sporting Fingal.:D. Oh and Wexford btw;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Fuck it, we'll have it. Needs must. :D

Especially one that existed before Sporting Fingal.:D. Oh and Wexford btw;)

And Shels actually:D

According to wikipedia Leinster senior cup was first played in 1892/3 season. Shels weren't founded until 1895....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I doubt clubs will be playing their first team in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And Shels actually:D

According to wikipedia Leinster senior cup was first played in 1892/3 season. Shels weren't founded until 1895....:p

lol - touché:)

Quint wrote: »

Sorry to appear pedantic, but isn't that my point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

My 1st ever match was a LSC Final and I for one am glad to see it back. It also gives 1st division clubs a chance to play premier opposition.

Tallaght here we come. Forza Youths :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Quint wrote: »

I don't know about that. First couple of rounds are in pre-season. I can see it getting taken relatively seriously.

I hate to be pedantic, but the cup never went away. LoI clubs are just re-entering it.

Advertisement