Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ricky Hatton to make ring return in 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i always get the latest news from the hatton camp,as my son trains in his gym,hatton now has resumed training ,last night he had his last booze up in the local pub, for the last few weeks they have been trying to line his brother up with mayweather without any luck[thank goodness] ricky has rejected any chance of meeting khan as he thinks its not a big enough money spinner for him,he now sells his designer clothing,you will find it on his website,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

walshb wrote: »
    No, I think the years have caught up with him and the lifestyle has had its affects.
    In 2005 Hatton seemed to have that extra intensity and speed and savagery.
    It has been sorely missing in his last few fights from what I have seen.

Now, back then, skill wise he was still not very good. He was never a good boxer; but his
    work rate and commitment and tenacity had a bit more to it. This declined as the years ticked and the diet and lifestyle caught up. His last "great" show was vs. Castillo, who was an absolute shell.

I would honestly pick a peak Tsyzu to take Rick out. Tsyzu did extreme;y well in the actual fight
    and I think Tsyzu wasn't at peak. He was a better fighter 3-4 years prior to the Hatton bout

A peak Tszyu probably beats any version of Hatton anyway. Plus against lower level guys he can afford to be faster and more aggressive as there is less risk involved.
    He dealt well with Mallignaggi and on that performance Id have every confidence in him with most 140 fighters, but come summer that will be 18 months in the past.12 of those spent in the pub and chipper and prior to that he struggled with Lazcano. Plus Mallignaggi isn't a big puncher at all.
    Having said that its been his only good performance in his last 4 fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

joepenguin wrote: »
    A peak Tszyu probably beats any version of Hatton anyway. Plus against lower level guys he can afford to be faster and more aggressive as there is less risk involved.
    He dealt well with Mallignaggi and on that performance Id have every confidence in him with most 140 fighters, but come summer that will be 18 months in the past.12 of those spent in the pub and chipper and prior to that he struggled with Lazcano. Plus Mallignaggi isn't a big puncher at all.
    Having said that its been his only good performance in his last 4 fights.
    I'd like to give Hatton credit for the Mal win, but Mal was so so poor and never even ****ing tried; and it wasn't all down to Hatton being very good. The guy was pulled out of the fight for lacking effort. Even Hatton was mightily frustrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

www.rickyhitmanhatton.com two dates to look forward to are april 19th[mathew] and sept 19th ricky

Advertisement