Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come all Irish traditional bands, soloists e

Options
  • 13-01-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am looking for traditional Irish musicians, bands, soloists etc or a new venue in Dublin city centre. Usual deal. Liquid payment to start with and then cash if you are working out....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Where and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Where?

28 Eden Quay????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

fh041205 wrote: »
    28 Eden Quay????:D

Hmm, you could be on to something there. :pac:

Good old google has told me that it's The Pint (pub beside Liberty Hall) on Eden Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭LD

I love that "liquid payment" ****e, if you want any standard of music you have to pay for it. It's one thing if you're getting a casual session going but for a gig it's not on.

I hope no one agrees to this sort of deal, by doing it you are undermining the livelihood of skilled musicians, lowering the going rates for gigs and creating a bad precedent for the way gigs are run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

LD wrote: »
    I love that "liquid payment" ****e, if you want any standard of music you have to pay for it. It's one thing if you're getting a casual session going but for a gig it's not on.

I hope no one agrees to this sort of deal, by doing it you are undermining the livelihood of skilled musicians, lowering the going rates for gigs and creating a bad precedent for the way gigs are run.

I totally agree. It makes it increasingly difficult to make a living for a working musician. Not everyone wants to get tanked up for free in lieu of a decent wage.

While I realise that many people, including myself, love an opportunity to play in a session, it is really unfair to not pay the people who show up weekly and keep the session going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trad_Flute90

I would be interest and could provide as many musicians as you want provided there was some sort of cash payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

galwaybabe wrote: »
    I totally agree. It makes it increasingly difficult to make a living for a working musician. Not everyone wants to get tanked up for free in lieu of a decent wage.

While I realise that many people, including myself, love an opportunity to play in a session, it is really unfair to not pay the people who show up weekly and keep the session going.
    I agree with LD and Galway Babe re "liquid" payment!

Advertisement