Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much more wiggle room on New car/scrappage deal?

• 13-01-2010 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭

The lady of the house has her heart set on a Renault Clio royale (Renault Clio III) through a scrappage deal.
    That's the 1.2litre 16V Petrol/Ethanol model, 5 door.

The dealer has quoted a figure of €11,200 all in, with Metallic paint.

What I am wondering is will we have much of a chance of getting a sweeter deal?
    Is there another 2% or 5% in it, or a few extras like a hitch, mats, autographed picture of Bill Cullen etc?

We're not tryin' to ride the dealer, but likewise would not like to be ridden ourselves.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,309 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only way to know if you are getting the best deal is to go to other Renault dealers and see what deal they are offering you on the same car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

look, they're doing 1500 scrappage, and then giving another 1500 off the price. I'm guessing there's no room to haggle there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Saab Ed on here should know...might be worth a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

steve06 wrote: »
    look, they're doing 1500 scrappage, and then giving another 1500 off the price. I'm guessing there's no room to haggle there.

Bill was on the radio before the scrappage scheme was announced and he said himself there will always be room for negotiation, so go check out a number of dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I just bought a car with €3,000 scrappage on my old one. When we got to the actual on the road price I said I wanted another €500 off for cash:D Dealer not a happy bunny but after a bit of haggling he agreed. I guess it depends on the car and how much demand there is for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bazz26 wrote: »
    The only way to know if you are getting the best deal is to go to other Renault dealers and see what deal they are offering you on the same car.
    Cionád wrote: »
    Bill was on the radio before the scrappage scheme was announced and he said himself there will always be room for negotiation, so go check out a number of dealers.

Will do folks. Thanks.

I'm guessing, and hoping that there is more in it.
    EPM wrote: »
    Saab Ed on here should know...might be worth a PM

Thanks, I may do that, but don't want to annoy the lad either.
    ART6 wrote: »
    I just bought a car with €3,000 scrappage on my old one. When we got to the actual on the road price I said I wanted another €500 off for cash:D Dealer not a happy bunny but after a bit of haggling he agreed. I guess it depends on the car and how much demand there is for it.

A car of similar value to the Clio.... or more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

mikom wrote: »
    The lady of the house has her heart set on a Renault Clio royale (Renault Clio III) through a scrappage deal.
    That's the 1.2litre 16V Petrol/Ethanol model, 5 door.

The dealer has quoted a figure of €11,200 all in, with Metallic paint.

What I am wondering is will we have much of a chance of getting a sweeter deal?
    Is there another 2% or 5% in it, or a few extras like a hitch, mats, autographed picture of Bill Cullen etc?

We're not tryin' to ride the dealer, but likewise would not like to be ridden ourselves.

Well seeing as active cars are selling them for €10,990 I say there's some room. I didn't think active were a Renualt dealer, so are they in on the extra scrappage deal? I could easily be wrong with that one.

Tell the dealer the max you're giving him in €10,500 if he doesn't shake on it walk away. He'll either call you or you can always go back in and do the deal at €11,200. If he's offered €11,200 there's no way he'll take that offer back.

Oh and don't worry you'll never ride a dealer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Shane732 wrote: »
    Oh and don't worry you'll never ride a dealer....

Unless your name is Megan Fox. In that case, ride away. ;):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

mikom wrote: »

A car of similar value to the Clio.... or more?

Mondeo Titanium, seventeen and a half grand, 08 model

Advertisement