Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone on O2

• 13-01-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O2 allow new customers to sign up and get the iphone for free.

As an upgrade I can get the iphone for €199.

So basically I'm being charged 200quid to keep my existing number.

Can somebody please explain why this is good business sense?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The plan you are on at the moment is probably cheaper. You could just switch to vodafone or meteor pay as you go, and then join o2 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Just thought I'd mention as I didn't know this when I bought my iPhone and now I'm a little bummed, Bluetooth only works with another iPhone you can't transfer data between an iPhone and non iPhone devices. Bit silly me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭decies

so no transferring your photos to your pc then???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

decies wrote: »
    so no transferring your photos to your pc then???

Not via Bluetooth, you can hook it up by USB. You can't send your photos to be developed via Bluetooth either, like the service in Boots and similar
    places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This really should be going here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've moved your thread to this (Apple Media Devices) forum where you'll probably get more interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Sorry, should have put this in the Apple forum.
    Davy wrote: »
    The plan you are on at the moment is probably cheaper. You could just switch to vodafone or meteor pay as you go, and then join o2 again.

Altho I have yet to check, I would presume that in order to join O2 as a new connection I would need to be away from O2 for a certain period of time. Does anyone have info on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

The iphone is only free to new customers joining O2 is they choose the €65 or €100 a month bill option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

nedd wrote: »
    The iphone is only free to new customers joining O2 is they choose the €65 or €100 a month bill option.

Yeah, I saw that. I would be going with the €65 tarriff anyway, so the only reason for me to pay the 'upgrade' of €200 is to keep my current number. My current contract is up, I could cancel that and get the phone for free with a new number. Obviously I'd prefer to keep my number, i've had it 7 or 8 years. But it's not worth €200 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Switch to Vodafone pay-as-you-go, wait a day or two for it all to go through and then get your free iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

The bluetooth issue is another Apple bummer, like the photo deleting issue (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792390)

I've jailbroken mine but bluetooth app not yet available for new (v3.1.2) phones.
    Our one hope is that Google Nexus will force Apple to slacken the chains a bit in their next software update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have you tried ringing up their customer care or going into a shop and asking for the free upgrade? You never know, you might get it. Or, you would sign up a new contract with a new number, get the free phone and then ask for your old number ot be ported over. Not sure if that's possible, but it might also eb worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Hello, anyone know if Viber is blocked by O2? Just joined them on bill pay and the viber app seems to be the only one not working? ( is Conor the O2 rep still here? Msgd him twice, still waiting was thinking maybe they don't answer questions anymore?)
    Cheers for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

silentbang wrote: »
    Hello, anyone know if Viber is blocked by O2? Just joined them on bill pay and the viber app seems to be the only one not working? ( is Conor the O2 rep still here? Msgd him twice, still waiting was thinking maybe they don't answer questions anymore?)
    Cheers for any help.
    Never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Cheers for any help.
    did you really have to drag up a thread over 2 years old to ask that question?

smash wrote: »
    Cheers for any help.
    Never had any problems with it.

Ok cheers for your reply, it wont work for some reason.

guil wrote: »
    Cheers for any help.
    did you really have to drag up a thread over 2 years old to ask that question?

Excuse me? Is there a problem me asking a question? If a thread is old surely a mod would lock it and let it die a death. Are u a mod or just a troll? But thanks for your invaluable input.

Guil having read some of your past questions etc you've a cheek trolling on my question, apply for a mods job if u want to be one so bad, u actually took the time to write your silly question back to me, sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ha ha yeah ok I'm a troll

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement