Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sinn watches, you likey ? poll

• 13-01-2010 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Sinn watches seem to have a massive WIS fanbase, I think they are something like a cult watch. Tough as nails, ugly at first glance but after a while...they grow on you.
    Saying that they have some nice , appealing Chronos too. But their flagship u1 is quite a divider I would say.
    What do y'all think? Love em or hate em please vote and post pics if you have em.

Sinn watches your views 13 votes

Yes I love all Sinn watches, great brand.
    0% 0 votes
    I like the diver watches only.
    61% 8 votes
    I like Sinn but not the divers, prefer pilots , chronos.
    7% 1 vote
    What's all the fuss about Sinn? Hate em.
    30% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just got a U1 last week. Very nice watch I think. I love the unusual hands. Never too taken with their other models to be honest, so I voted divers only.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Being of a rebel bent I like their pilots watches. I like the clean look

_wsb_248x322_21Sinn$2BDuochrono-657Pilot.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I think they are a bit dull, the poll isn't great love like like hate, where's the not bothered either way option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I have yet to scratch the Sinn itch but it's only a matter of time and funds. I also recommend a look at Guinand watches which is a venture that Helmut Sinn set up to keep his hand in once he had sold the main brand.

http://www.guinand-watch.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

MooseJam wrote: »
    I think they are a bit dull, the poll isn't great love like like hate, where's the not bothered either way option.

Sorry must work harder on my poll creating. Damn.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i like them, altho i havent bought one as yet,

to be honest tho, i generally seem to prefer damasko over sinn

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

MooseJam wrote: »
    I like the plain look TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

bedlam wrote: »
    I've been a U1 owner for some time now, it is the perfect beater. I did deliberate a little between it and the U2 but opted for the cleaner dial of the U1.

edit: on reflection my choice of "love the brand" was incorrect, there are many brands I'd place over Sinn and include in the Love category. There should have been a "like the brand, all styles" Oh well I guess the results can't be trusted now :P

What are your preferred brands then?

Rather than brands I prefer certain models of watches. For instance the JLC watches are lovely but the Reverso to me is an abomination! IWC I like the Portuguese but not mad about their pilots at all. Glashutte (and Sinn) are brands I seem to like most of their products. Rolex to me defy logic - where is the magic? U Nardin are fine apart from the anchor in the middle, Tag Heuer...very sporty even their classic ranges are sporty if you know what I mean.

PS A bit of a pricey beater!

Ohh me likey the Sarpaneva stuff.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ohh me likey the Sarpaneva stuff.

Me too! Never heard of them before but lovely...

• Advertisement

There is a Sinn U1 on adverts at the moment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

i have a 103 series with a steel bracelet. Its a couple of years old now, i dont think they do this exact model anymore... its a beautiful watch. never let me down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭CarltonBrowne

I had forgotten about this thread and I am pleased to say that I have managed to scratch the itch.
    14012011.JPG

Advertisement