Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC panel DC power

Options
  • 13-01-2010 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know where is DC power output after AC/DC converter, which pins extacly? So if I will connect 12V DC there will not show me mains fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

abes216 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where is DC power output after AC/DC converter, which pins extacly? So if I will connect 12V DC there will not show me mains fault.

Hi abes216,

If you have a 6 zone panel it is on the bottom row beside the keypad, if it is the 8 zone panel it is on the right side above the keypad. You should see the 12v output clearly marked + -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I am nearly certain that the transformer in the HKC panel is a 220V/18V AC. So the supply to the board is 18V AC and is then rectified on the board to 12V DC
    I am not sure on the polarity of the two connectors but you can easily find this out with a multimeter

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Jnealon wrote: »
    I am nearly certain that the transformer in the HKC panel is a 220V/18V AC. So the supply to the board is 18V AC and is then rectified on the board to 12V DC
    I am not sure on the polarity of the two connectors but you can easily find this out with a multimeter

Hope this helps

Hello,

Can I get a 12v dc power supply for a door bell and chime from the panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to electrical.
    Should be OK to connect to auxiliary 12vdc.
    What is the power consumption of the unit you want to connect?

koolkid wrote: »
    Moved to electrical.
    Should be OK to connect to auxiliary 12vdc.
    What is the power consumption of the unit you want to connect?

12vdc.

I bought an intercom and needed to wire four cores for it's voice signal at the hall door. Was running a wire then to the chime.

I drilled through the two door bell wires, can't get at them to fix. I was hoping to use for these to power to the intercom. Now I'm planning to use two other cores to power it and the chime happens to be right beside the HKC panel, so loop that in too. I assume using alarm wire is ok for wiring in to this 12vdc.

Should have paid the extra and bought a wireless intercom!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

12vdc is the voltage of the unit. What is the power consumtion?

12vdc is the voltage of the unit. What is the power consumtion?

Shiiite, it's 12VAC, 650mA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

almost got confused there

so you need 12volt ac/650ma thats approx 8VA of a trafo

For AC you will need a seperate power supply. That can not be connected to the alarm panel.

For AC you will need a seperate power supply. That can not be connected to the alarm panel.

ok thanks, it came with a rail transformer, but nightmare to wire. is alarm wire suitable for this load?

• Advertisement

ok thanks, it came with a rail transformer, but nightmare to wire. is alarm wire suitable for this load?
    Only for the 12VAC out.

Only for the 12VAC out.

oh yea, that's what I meant. Wasn't talking about the 240vac! Thanks for all the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you have to sleeve the ELV cable(intercom/bell wire) if you bring it into a din-rail mounting trafo

throw a bit of 3-core flex covering over it

Advertisement