Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

L'oreal - prelightner

• 13-01-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    I had a baby there 10 weeks ago so my hair went back to a browny colour during the pregnancy (was hightlighted blonde previously).
    just bought l'oreal super blonde prelightner creme.
    anybody have any experience with this... dont really want to pay over one hundred euro to be blonde with the new baby in the house i have more important things lol.
    just curious as to any good or bad experiences in relation to the product... cheers in advance. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 guinnessfan

Hey OP,

I used this before and found it excellent. IMO, it is one of the only home colours that will really 'lift' dark hair. Be sure to have another colour to go over it because you will not be able to leave it as is - it turns an orange colour but as soon as you cover it with the regular dye -the results are superb. Your scalp will feel slightly tender after using it but this will go after a couple of hours.

I used this product a lot until I discovered L'oreal Blonde Supreme (Excellence Creme range) which has it's own prelightener in it so you wont need to use the two seperate colours - it's cheaper too! The results are equally as good for dark hair/roots and not as harsh

Hope this is of some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Hi,
    Thanks very much for your reply, it was very helpful. Thats great, thanks or the tip about the colour and prelightner - two in one, i will get that next time i need to put a colour in, going to take the plunge tonight and try it. Can you buy the supreme blondes in boots etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 guinnessfan

No Problem - yes it can be bought in any boots, tescos etc. As far as i know there is three different shades of blonde in this range and usually costs €9!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

it turns an orange colour but as soon as you cover it with the regular dye -the results are superb.

Hey,
    Try and leave the bleach on longer if possible. If it has dried at all, apply more. You will get better and more predictable results with the final colour if you bleach it up to a yellowish colour :)
    Don't let it go up to white though, as it doesn't need to be *that* light for the final colour to look well over it.

Thanks for the tip Magenta. The little one was a little cross last night so i didnt get a chance to do it but Daddy will be here tonight to keep an eye on her. Im kind of nervously excited. Hope it goes ok...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Good luck - i'm putting in my colour tonight to...

I use Schwarzkopt Colour XXL, tonight gonna go Absolute Platinum... so lets home it works out ok and not orange!!!

Let us know how you get on!

dlambirl wrote: »
    Good luck - i'm putting in my colour tonight to...

I use Schwarzkopt Colour XXL, tonight gonna go Absolute Platinum... so lets home it works out ok and not orange!!!

Let us know how you get on!

Hi,
    Your hair will only go orange if you don't bleach it for long enough- after a while the bleach can dry out and stop being as effective so just add more.

Just doing the roots........ lets hope they dont go orange and the rest blonde!!

One of the girls i work with used the platinum xxl and it was gorgeous on her. Ha she prelighted her hair and didnt have a chance to put the colour in so she came into work with her hair orange, then the next day a lovely blonde. :)
    Im going to easy back in i got a medium golden blonde - the little one will be off to bed shortly after her bottle so the gloves will be coming out. Fingers crossed that theres not a lot of orange heads roaming around tomorrow. :D

Hey Princessa,

How ya get on??

I got mine in last night, left it for an hour and its lovely bright vibrant blonde.

No orange in sight!

• Advertisement

I'd love to see some photos dlambirl! :)

i'll put some up tomoro!

Princessa - How'd ya get on???

Heres what mine turned out like... I'm very happy with it.

(Sorry about the picture, a quick snap in work with bad lighting and yellow walls doesnt do much to highlight my hair!! :p:p)

w.21.001.22.JPG

(Sorry about the picture, a quick snap in work with bad lighting and yellow walls doesnt do much to highlight my hair!! :p:p)

w.21.001.22.JPG

Oh my God, that is gorgeous!!!
    It looks like it was done by a pro, would never have guessed you did it yourself!
    No yellow or orange anywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

w.21.001.22.JPG

Wow that is amazing looking!

Fair play to you!

Hey guys...
    Oh my god, your hair turned out gorgeous!!!!
    Mine was a total nightmare, said on the box to leave it in or 20 - 40 mins so i left it in or about 45 mins.... totally orange when i washed it out... my partner was in the stitches laughing.
    I put in an ash blonde to neutralise the orange colour.... nope still orange so i put in a medium ash brown the next day and its actually really nice.
    still brown but at least its not orange!!
    hair is SUPER dry though... anybody use any good conditioner after colouring mishap which left hair really dry???

thanks guys - really happy with it. Schz. XXL really is the business - lightens with no orange-ness. Its says to leave it on 45 mins, I left it on 1hour - no probs.
    Ah Princessa, sorry to hear that. Nothing worse than when it goes wrong.
    Did you get the conditioners sorted?? I'd recommend VO5 oil or John Frida deep conditioning treatment or Aussie Deep Conditioning Treatment or the aussie conditioner, really is fab stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Aussie 3 minute miracle conditioner all the way!

Your hair turned orange because that was the next step in the lightening process for your particular hair colour. You will need to dye it again to get it lighter, but this may kill your hair in the process.

Advertisement