Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft of Recycling bags, help.

Options
  • 13-01-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

My recycling bags are being stolen by my neighbours every time they are delivered (for the last 2yrs+). I was wondering, to prevent the theft in future, if there is a way for myself to pick the bags up rather than have them delivered?

If so does anyone know where I can pick them up etc?

thank you for any info on this. It happened again today while I was out.

Comments

I think this happened to my sister a couple of years back, she rang and collected them from somewhere :) Worth a phonecall anyway, the bags all have a unique number on them traceable to the house they were delivered to so it should be easy to establish which neighbour is nicking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to the council. In Dublin you can buy the in shops if you are registered.

Presumably the are numbered / bar-coded. Notify the council when they disappear and ask for the numbers. If you then spot the numbers on the street on bin day, notify the council / litter warden / Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Thanks, I'll give the council a ring tomorow and get something sorted. I know who is stealing the bags but I'm always out when they take them. They will totally deny it of course. So the best action is to see if the council will let me pick up my quota somewhere.

Thanks again for replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pineapple Dan

thats scandalous caper altogether, stealingn plastic bags for feck sake. i know thins are bad with the recession but this is a new low

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

People are so mean...If they have that code on the back can you not check the bags they are putting out to see if they have your bags for definite and then call the guards or something...If they have a nice garden you could be mean and start stealing their plants and if they say anything you say well you stop taking whats mine and i will do the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭corkfella

the same happened to me a few years back, I called down to the city hall with my recipt for my rates for that year and they handed me out enough bags for the year after I explained they hadn't been delivered or were stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

You can pick them up from city council (next to Anglesea Garda St.) Keep in mind you'll need a bill to prove your address. Alternatively you can buy a pack of 5 for €2.50 or wait until your thieving neighbours put out their rubbish, empty it out on their doorstep and take your bags back:eek:

tommy21 wrote: »
    You can pick them up from city council (next to Anglesea Garda St.) Keep in mind you'll need a bill to prove your address. Alternatively you can buy a pack of 5 for €2.50 or wait until your thieving neighbours put out their rubbish, empty it out on their doorstep and take your bags back:eek:

Haha I'd love to do that. I wouldn't stoop to their level though. Nice thought though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

Webcams are dirt cheap, get a wireless one and stick it on your front window to catch them, then burn the result to DVD and post it to them with a polite note stating that if it happens again you'll send it to the Gardai. In the unlikely event that it does, while the Guards usually wouldn't bother their hole with something like this, evidence is evidence, and they'd probably get a kick out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I live in Cork and I was looking at the recycling bags but couldn't see any serial or identifying number on them.If it is on them what part of the bag is it on.

• Advertisement

I live in Cork and I was looking at the recycling bags but couldn't see any serial or identifying number on them.If it is on them what part of the bag is it on.

I checked myself and there isn't any identifying numbers on them. I'm wondering if I can just go and buy them in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cork has never had serial numbers on their recycling bags, it would be a mindless organisation that would do it, complete waste of money.

Cork has never had serial numbers on their recycling bags, it would be a mindless organisation that would do it, complete waste of money.

I'm fairly sure they do have an identification number on them to be honest, I may be wrong but I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

If they have serial numbers on them in Dublin then they must be mindless up there.

Advertisement