Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unblocking a Nokia E51-1 for free.

• 13-01-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to unblock a Nokia E51 from Vodafone (Ireland) for use on another network? Have been given an old one by a family member but i'm on o2.

I've seen a few websites who charge £/$/€15 - 25 but i'm wary of them.

Mods, if this is not a suitable topic due to stolen phones etc, please lock.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Thanks for that. Was looking for the lazy way out. I'll talk nice to the in-laws so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just to add you could get it unlocked in a shop that does that, for €20 give or take a few, if you would rather not have the hassle with the relations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pineapple Dan

See the sticky about phone unlocking-Link

You could get your family member to ring Vodafone and ask for the unlock code. If they've spent more than €130 credit they will supply it.

Bringing it to a local unlocking shop is another option if ringing Vodafone doesn't work. Costs ~€15-€20

but recently they changed their terms so the 130 has to be spent within the last 6 months

i don't think too many people spend that on credit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

This may also be possible by flashing the phones product code and then downloading new firmware but this will possibly void the phones warranty and I'm not sure whether it's something we should be discussing here so I won't go into details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

zing wrote: »
    This may also be possible by flashing the phones product code and then downloading new firmware but this will possibly void the phones warranty and I'm not sure whether it's something we should be discussing here so I won't go into details.

This won't make it unlocked, it'll just take the Vodafone junk off.

Advertisement