Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage - John Street Area - Wed 13th

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anyone know what areas are out and what is the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

im out in kilcreene and the lights flickered for a second but that was it , my grandmothers electricity is gone and she is in the olaughlin road area.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

All of the newpark went off for about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I heard theres an ESB place on fire, thats all I heard:( No water, no ESB and I have a bad headache, gutted:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

In Loughboy the lights flickered for a bit. According to RTE theres a problem at the ESB substation on O'Loughlin Road. Power may not be restored until tomorrow.
    Around 50% of households around Kilkenny city are without electricity. A transformer is broken at Nowlan Park. Initial indications are that power may not be restored until sometime tomorrow.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0113/live_weather_transport_updates.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Flickered a bit out in thomastown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Johnswell road was gone.Back about 7:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

in Robertshill, power flickered a bit but we still kept power, Chorus isn't working any more though just a blank screen :( any one any ideas before I try ring chorus up

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Its been on here in richview non-stop, but castlecomer road, barack st, gas house lane, ballyfoyle road greens hill and oloughlins had no power.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Its been on here in richview non-stop, but castlecomer road, barack st, gas house lane, ballyfoyle road greens hill and oloughlins had no power.

Power OK on Greens Hill all evening.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Power OK on Greens Hill all evening.

Woops I meant glendine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

in Robertshill, power flickered a bit but we still kept power, Chorus isn't working any more though just a blank screen :( any one any ideas before I try ring chorus up

Chorus went at the same time as the power went. I rang and they said there was a major fault affecting all of Kilkenny. Thankfully it came back at around 8pm. God help you if you need to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Ah! So that explains the lack of Chorus and national radio.

For a second there I was thinking that skynet had struck back.

Advertisement