Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another meetup thread (DO IT)

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭

So as Craguls pointed out we're all lazy bastards and no-one has given a time or place for meetup on Saturday, or a poll for attendance.

I'm going to throw out that we go to the Leisureplex in Stillorgan for bowling and/or Q-zar (as mentioned tons of times before) at 4PM?

If the time/event doesn't suit mention it here, could easily be changed, but figured if we all sat around refusing to plan it nothing would get done >.>, just give an idea of when you'd be able for it and we'll try accommodate, perhaps hold off on voting until it's finalised if you aren't sure?

EDIT: Regardless when/where it is it'd be best to have a few people (at least one of which knows the way) to meet in Dublin city centre to bring anyone who doesn't know how to get there (such as myself).

Will you be there? 35 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, for leisureplex only.
    22% 8 votes
    Yes, for drinkies afterwards.
    0% 0 votes
    No
    20% 7 votes
    Not sure
    57% 20 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

why is it always in dublin?

ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

RHunce wrote: »
    why is it always in dublin?

ghey.

There was talk of holding more than one, no-one seemed to want to make any suggestions, therefore blame the culchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If drinks are to be had that evening, I'll be there. Can't see me going to Stillorgan though.

Edit: Might be a good idea to make the poll public so we know exactly who'll be at which event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Same, I'll be happy to meet for drinks but I've some stuff that needs doing in the morning

Daysha wrote: »
    If drinks are to be had that evening, I'll be there. Can't see me going to Stillorgan though.

It seemed to be the only suggestion that stuck really, and IMO it's a bit late to be trying to decide where to go, but like I'm just the guy who made the thread, feel free to prove me wrong if anyone has good ideas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'm heading up on the train saturday,I'd be happy to be the tour guide for you young'uns scared of the big city.If you're any way iffy about coming out PM me

I'll give you my number in case anything goes wrong and I've a big ginger head so I'm easy to spot

As a side note I've half a pack of John player for anyone who smokes phlegms[ I don't,but have them anyway]

Call me a maybe for drinks afterwards, Not so sure I'll get/be bothered after travelling all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im definitely in :) and i'll be coming over from the northside into town first so, like Pyg, i'll be able to meet up with anyone who needs direction out to Stillorgan. anyone who needs the guidance give me a PM and i can pass on my phone number or whatever is handiest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Have exam that day so won't make Stillorgan. However where would these drinkies be?

kev_s88 wrote: »
    im definitely in :) and i'll be coming over from the northside into town first so, like Pyg, i'll be able to meet up with anyone who needs direction out to Stillorgan. anyone who needs the guidance give me a PM and i can pass on my phone number or whatever is handiest :)

I don't actually know how to get to Stillorgan but would be going into town anyway, anyone who wants it PM me for number anyway.
    Have exam that day so won't make Stillorgan. However where would these drinkies be?

No idea, I assume we'd head back into town so maybe somewhere there, if I do go I'd probably be leaving fairly early to get bus back to DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Don't know about trekking to Stillorgan, but I'd probably be around for drinks... Though, seeing as a couple of us are under 18, it'd probably make sense to choose somewhere that aren't going to ID people on the way in, perhaps!

• Advertisement

Don't know about trekking to Stillorgan, but I'd probably be around for drinks... Though, seeing as a couple of us are under 18, it'd probably make sense to choose somewhere that aren't going to ID people on the way in, perhaps!

I would recommend Captain Americas if it were mon,tues or wed as it's 3euro pints but unfortunately it's the weekend so I'm not sure. Somewhere cheap hopefully... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I will most likely be busy all day Saturday until about 6/7ish so I can only make the drinks realistically.

As for venues for the drinks, maybe Doyles? Haven't been in there in ages so I don't know if it has gone bad recently. Also, if we are heading in for drinks at around 7-ish I don't think we should have an issue getting a place to sit.

phlegms wrote: »
    I will most likely be busy all day Saturday until about 6/7ish so I can only make the drinks realistically.

As for venues for the drinks, maybe Doyles? Haven't been in there in ages so I don't know if it has gone bad recently. Also, if we are heading in for drinks at around 7-ish I don't think we should have an issue getting a place to sit.

just advance warning about Doyle's...i will actually be heading there after out drinks because my friend is having her 21st there so theres only gonna be limited room in there for the evening pints if we go there...

How about this: Preliminary meet-up at 2 at the spire.It's almost impossible to miss,there's two buses to stillorgan from there,if we're lucky we can watch the Free runners for a while.

And it's an option for people who aren't comfortable with giving out their details onlineto people like pygmalion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How about this: Preliminary meet-up at 2 at the spire.It's almost impossible to miss,there's two buses to stillorgan from there,if we're lucky we can watch the Free runners for a while.

And it's an option for people who aren't comfortable with giving out their details onlineto people like pygmalion
    If somebody misses the Spire...in fairness, it's probably best they're not at the meet-up for intellectual reasons. :P

I won't be there sadly, because I'm far, far away for Dublin. Only 3 voted though to say they'd be at all of it. :-/

The highest interest in this we had was 20.

I'm travelling 4 1/2 hours to get there.not like I've college

And you do know the poll has been open for 2 and a half hours,

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Random that you'd mention 'the free runners'. I'm usually with them :pac:.
    They wont be there this saturday though, and spire is only ever a meet up place at 12, then they head off, usually to the other end of town.

Um, I dont know yet whether I can make it in or not, could someone PM me their number so I can give a text if I'm heading in, please and thankyou.

Your words hurt, like seriously sting. But yeah meetup at 2 would be grand really, anyone who wouldn't be able to until a bit later could PM one of us or something?
    Pipz wrote: »
    Random that you'd mention 'the free runners'. I'm usually with them :pac:.
    They wont be there this saturday though, and spire is only ever a meet up place at 12, then they head off, usually to the other end of town.

Um, I dont know yet whether I can make it in or not, could someone PM me their number so I can give a text if I'm heading in, please and thankyou.

Will do.

Afaik, anyone I've met off the board before will not be in attendance. Therefore I will know no one personally, anyone else in the same boat?

Afaik, anyone I've met off the board before will not be in attendance. Therefore I will know no one personally, anyone else in the same boat?

*raises hand*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Want to stick with the original suggestion of meeting at 4pm by any chance please? I'll be coming up from home that morning and I'll have a load of bags with me, so need to get back to my place to get rid of them first. *nods*

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Want to stick with the original suggestion of meeting at 4pm by any chance please? I'll be coming up from home that morning and I'll have a load of bags with me, so need to get back to my place to get rid of them first. *nods*

Anyone have a problem with this?
    Also were you thinking 4PM at Stillorgan or 4PM in town (and maybe 5 for Stillorgan)?

Edit: If anyone would be in Dublin earlier (due to travelling from afar and awkward train/bus times) perhaps the town-heads could go in earlier and get lunch or something so that no-one's waiting around for hours?
    Probably won't happen but nothing more annoying than arriving super-early for something and being bored waiting, so just thought I'd throw it out there just in case.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Anyone have a problem with this?
    Also were you thinking 4PM at Stillorgan or 4PM in town (and maybe 5 for Stillorgan)?

I guess I was thinking 4pm in town! Much easier to find people at a specific meeting point. Also, wondering about the Spire as a meeting point because everyone uses it, so it won't be immediately obvious who's a boardsie and who isn't, if that makes sense? Can't really think of anywhere else that immediately springs to mind though.

Aoibheann wrote: »
    I guess I was thinking 4pm in town! Much easier to find people at a specific meeting point. Also, wondering about the Spire as a meeting point because everyone uses it, so it won't be immediately obvious who's a boardsie and who isn't, if that makes sense? Can't really think of anywhere else that immediately springs to mind though.

Spire would be the one place I'd imagine everyone can get to though.
    If someone were to reply in this thread with something along the lines of "I'll take one for the team and wear a wizard hat and robe so we can be found easily" then that would be that problem solved *hint*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

4:00 at the Spire would be good for me too.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Spire would be the one place I'd imagine everyone can get to though.
    If someone were to reply in this thread with something along the lines of "I'll take one for the team and wear a wizard hat and robe so we can be found easily" then that would be that problem solved *hint*

Oh I agree! It just means asking more people if they're from the internet.. :P Codeword! :D

And someone else can do that!

The last time I went to a boards meetup I just left a quick post in the thread that morning saying I was wearing a Waterford jersey, problem solved :)

I'm not meeting up with ye till afters so that hardly helps, but if one of you wants to borrow some sort of Waterford garment I'd be happy to oblige :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I put on my robe and wizard's hat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I won't be attending this rendezvous unfortunately, as I'm not going all the way to Stillorgan for a leisureplex, and I'm under-18, so no drinkies for moi.

Sorry guys, I know you're all devastated and all......

• Advertisement

ok well i can work it either way...happy to meet at 2 or 4 in town...and yes i would advise someone to wear something out of the ordinary and let people know what it is...or maybe we could just have someone standing at the Spire with a sign saying "Boardsies" like they'd obviously have waiting for us in an airport if we all went abroad somewhere :)

Advertisement