Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another meetup thread (DO IT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Im not arsed walking 5 minutes to that kip and I think Im busy that day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

unknown13 wrote: »
    Im not arsed walking 5 minutes to that kip and I think Im busy that day.

Fine then, don't bother :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ok well i can work it either way...happy to meet at 2 or 4 in town...and yes i would advise someone to wear something out of the ordinary and let people know what it is...or maybe we could just have someone standing at the Spire with a sign saying "Boardsies" like they'd obviously have waiting for us in an airport if we all went abroad somewhere :)
    I'll wear my Sky blue UCD hoodie.it stand out because it say UCD on it.

I'm heading up that day too [I may meet you all with bags with me depending on what train I get]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Should be fine. I live fairly near Stillorgan, but I'd prefer town tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

(Stillorgan's a hole)

Say what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'll probably wear either my DJ hero t-shirt or my get a life t-shirt. And a red hoodie. I'll be at the beers part. Where's that going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Dam, I knew I should have been vorn in Dublin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'll probably wear either my DJ hero t-shirt or my get a life t-shirt. And a red hoodie. I'll be at the beers part. Where's that going down?

dont think we've decided yet...need somewhere that wont be asking for ID at the door for any young 'uns coming (even though its legal for them to be there until 9pm, we all know a lot of bouncers are twats)

someone suggested Doyle's but that will be packed because one of my friends is having a 21st there on saturday evening/night. The Porterhouse is normally packed on weekends, the Woolshed is tough to get into and if theres sports on on saturday it will probably be packed...so to be honest im stumped about where to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I'm not too much into the pub scene, more of a nightclub frequenter myself so I haven't been to many pubs in town. The last one I was in was 'The Hairy Lemon' on Stephen Street, which is near Stephen's green.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We'll have to pick somewhere soon, it's going to be happening in less than 48 hours!
    And I won't be on-line tomorrow night, so I'll need to know fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

+1 on the picking somewhere bit.

I assume whoever's up for the early stuff is still on for the Spire at 4pm..?

Anyone who's just up for meeting for drinks later we could meet at somewhere like the Spire again, or the front gate of Trinity maybe around 8 or 9pm, and decide where to go from there? *shrugs* I have no idea, does any of what I've said suit anyone?

hmm its a tough one...

id say 8 or 9 would be a bit late to go to a pub if theres a group of us going...might want to go at about 7 so we can get seats and stuff. and so any young 'uns who wanna come for a while can get in. but that really dusnt leave a lot of time to get back into town from stillorgan if we're only meeting to go to stillorgan at 4....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Sorry guys, won't make this one. :( Maybe next time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

So re: drinkies later on, if everyone who wants to go PMs their number to someone who's going to both (I may or may not be at drinks so maybe shouldn't be me) they could text everyone with a time and place if it's still undecided?

Problem is the fairly high chance they'd end up forgetting at least one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

In fairness, I'm not going to travel 120 miles just to watch all the older people go off drinking.

Thus I'm oot

Fine,I'll volunteer. PM me and I'll give you my phone number.

And I'll volunteer myself as the flag pole.I'll be at the Spire from 2 pm with a Bright sky blue hoodie so you can all gather round me ;) I've a big ginger head,you can't miss me.

Also, to prove you're from boards,Scream KABOOM!! at the top of your lungs when you see me.

so,plan for tomorrow is:

2pm meet up at the spire to see what everyone actually looks like
    4pm out to Stillorgan leisureplex
    ~pm have a few beers somewhere.

That sound right? or have I got something wrong?

What about Cassidy's on D'Olier st.? It's normally fairly quiet for a chat,Never been there on a saturday,though

EDIT: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63671807&postcount=31
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63684085&postcount=38

two pictures of me,for those of you too lazy to go to page 2

so,plan for tomorrow is:

2pm meet up at the spire to see what everyone actually looks like
    4pm out to Stillorgan leisureplex
    ~pm have a few beers somewhere.

People seemed to want to meet at 4PM at spire and then leave since some can't make 2. Although we could meet at 2, get something to eat or something and then head back to Spire for 4 to meet others and leave?

Pygmalion wrote: »
    People seemed to want to meet at 4PM at spire and then leave since some can't make 2. Although we could meet at 2, get something to eat or something and then head back to Spire for 4 to meet others and leave?
    Are you asking me out to dinner?

I was thinking ,between 2-4 we can get past the whole:

"Hi,I'm Alan and I'm an alchoholic,......." situation,then head off round four.

lunch beforehand sounds like a good plan...at least by the time the others come in at 4pm the few that can come earlier can be comfortable together and might make it a bit easier for the others when they come cause we wont be like a bunch of headless chickens :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Just confirming I'll be there for drinks in the evening. I'm not too familiar with the pub scene in Dublin so I'll let the rest of ye be the judge for where to go!

And thanks ginjaninja, just got your text there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

kev_s88 wrote: »
    lunch beforehand sounds like a good plan...at least by the time the others come in at 4pm the few that can come earlier can be comfortable together and might make it a bit easier for the others when they come cause we wont be like a bunch of headless chickens :)

Grand, and I just said lunch as a way of getting past the aforementioned "Hi I'm Ginja Ninja and I'm in love with Pygmalion since I first met him", anyone have any other ways to burn the time throw them out there (or we can decide when we meet), but seems convenient.

Cool, I should be at the Spire by 4pm. :) Though if Stillorgan involves bowling, I may sit back and watch (I'm crap.. ¬_¬)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Cool, I should be at the Spire by 4pm. :) Though if Stillorgan involves bowling, I may sit back and watch (I'm crap.. ¬_¬)
    Put up the barriers:D

Where are we going after guys?

cHaTbOx wrote: »

still dont know...most of the more mainstream places will be jammed on a saturday night :(

cHaTbOx wrote: »

It worries me that you're the second person to have suggested that to me.. ;_;

No idea where's good/reasonably quiet on a Saturday night in Dublin tbh, anywhere I've been has been too busy. :( Any ideas?

im sure if we just walk around temple bar we'll find somewhere nice and quiet to go drink :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Aoibh I'm rubbish too , but i don't mind taking the piss of myself .

Sub lounge was usually quiet decent , the mercantile has a lot of space as well , stags head is not too bad , never had problem with tp smiths . We just need to choose .The Ha'penny Bridge Inn and messrs are grand

Yeah, I reckon meeting somewhere again before we head for drinks is probably the easiest! :) Like I was saying, somewhere convenient like the Spire/Front Arch of Trinity and we could go from there?

• Advertisement

what say we that we meet back up at the spire at 7 for pints? The buses back from stillorgan stop at the spire anyways... anyone coming just for drinks can PM me for my number so we can meet easier for the pints

Advertisement