Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugarlof this weekend?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey just wondering does anyone know the state of the Sugarloaf at the moment or what it will be like this weekend to climb? And roughly how long does it take to walk from kilmacanogue to the summit? I have some experience hill walking, norrmally blessed with good weather though!
    Thanks to anyone who can help out, Darren.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hey just wondering does anyone know the state of the Sugarloaf at the moment or what it will be like this weekend to climb? And roughly how long does it take to walk from kilmacanogue to the summit? I have some experience hill walking, norrmally blessed with good weather though!
    Thanks to anyone who can help out, Darren.

its about an hour's walk and thats going at a lesiurely pace. i prefer to go up from the village , turning left just after the graveyard, going past the GAA pitch.

if you are lazy you can drive up the road and leave the car in the car park, which is basically half way up the mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

where do you park in Kilmac when doing it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

where do you park in Kilmac when doing it there?

personally I don't park anywhere. dublin bus drops me off at the petrol station and I can do the sugar loaf or litte sugar loaf and take the dart from bray.
    you can park at the GAA grounds, but is your car safe there? i would say it is.
    an alternative could be to leave it at the pub.its only a short walk from the foot of the hill.

Advertisement