Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance premium increases

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

If you own a property in some parts of Cork you are in for an unwelcome letter when your renewal premium is due. Mine has gone up from 400 euro to 800 euro. Problem is that as far as i can figure out certain areas of the city has in effect been "blacklisted" due to claims re flooding and subsidence and some companies at least will not give you a quote if you are living in these areas so you are stuck with current provider and he vastly increased premium. Times are tough!

Comments

My Dad's and some of his friends were discussing this recently, Dad's went up €200, one of his friends went up €300 or so. We do live in a subsidence area (already got it done on the insurance actually I think) but no flood issues thankfully.

Advertisement