Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driver needed for front usb ports.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You shouldn't need a driver. Have you connected the cables from the front ports to the usb connections on the mainboard?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,231 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

XP or later should just find the drivers. Try uninstalling All of your USB devices in the Device Manager, then Restart. The OS will redect everything on the Startup and search for drivers online.

Other than that you could try a BIOS flash with the BIOS file available in the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I could have sworn I replied to this.
    After several restarts during OS installation, it decided to start working.

There is one thing still showing up on the device manager. I'm guessing it's the 1394 on the front.
    That's not a problem though becuase the owner doesn't have anything that connects to it.

Meh. My first complete build from scratch and it works perfectly apart from that little thing. I'm happy with that.

Well I still have to put in the card reader and graphics card, but that's a piece of piss.
    Dude got a new pc for at least half the shop price and I didn't charge for the build.

Thanks for helping.

Advertisement