Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occult paraphernalia

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey everyone, apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong forum, but I thought you might be the people to ask about this. Basically I was wondering where in Dublin is the best place to acquire occult and/or pagan accoutrements and trappings?

I was thinking specifically of candles/candlesticks, pentagrams, ornaments, stuff like that. In particular I'd be looking for a figurine of the horned god Pan...

Don't worry, it's all completely innocent I assure you. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

mwnger wrote: »
    Hey everyone, apologies in advance if I've posted in the wrong forum, but I thought you might be the people to ask about this. Basically I was wondering where in Dublin is the best place to acquire occult and/or pagan accoutrements and trappings?

I was thinking specifically of candles/candlesticks, pentagrams, ornaments, stuff like that. In particular I'd be looking for a figurine of the horned god Pan...

Don't worry, it's all completely innocent I assure you. Thanks!

No need to defend yourself.

You know, Most of the places i would have thought of saying have closed down over the last few years....

Yellow brick road on the quays is more of a beads,books/crystals store now.

Here is a link to an old thread with the same questions..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055515753

However i can tell you that The House of Astrology is gone now as is

Aul Pine Georges arcade off Georges st, Dublin 2

Divine Guidance, 66 Capel Street, Dublin 1 - This one is still there afaik

Crystal Wings on Aungier Street, Dublin 2 - No idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

No need to defend yourself.

You know, Most of the places i would have thought of saying have closed down over the last few years....

Yellow brick road on the quays is more of a beads,books/crystals store now.

Here is a link to an old thread with the same questions..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055515753

However i can tell you that The House of Astrology is gone now as is

Aul Pine Georges arcade off Georges st, Dublin 2

Divine Guidance, 66 Capel Street, Dublin 1 - This one is still there afaik

Cheers dude! I'll check out those last two.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you have trouble finding things in the shops here, Pagan Dreams is an online shop in the UK that I use quite a lot. Having used a good lot of online shops, I can tell you that this is the best one I've found. The prices are good, and they're nice and quick with the shipping too. Another good one is 13 Moons but it's in the US so you'll be waiting a bit longer for things. However they do have a massive selection. I've used both of them quite a bit and have never had any problems.

Devastated that House of Astrology and Auld Pine are gone though, they had lovely stuff. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Agent J wrote: »

Crystal Wings is still there. They're decent, but there's no figures of Pan, I've checked before.

This place Divine Guidance, I've never heard of it. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Urizen wrote: »
    Crystal Wings is still there. They're decent, but there's no figures of Pan, I've checked before.

This place Divine Guidance, I've never heard of it. Any good?

Wouldnt be a huge fan of it myself personally.
    Too much on the Angel side of things. Not my cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Harsh. I miss Aul Pine... Whatever happened to the people that ran it?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Urizen wrote: »
    Harsh. I miss Aul Pine... Whatever happened to the people that ran it?

Dunno. They had a really awesome looking cauldron there that I had my eye on, the day I went in to get it the shop was closed. According to the guys in the Vinyl shop it was closed for good :( Couldn't find out any more info than that though.

Same story with me, only with the swords... :(

Advertisement