Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox woes

• 13-01-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

Right, so I got myself a new Elite this evening, happy as larry with it, I head up and plug it in and stick in MW2. Now it works grand for about an hour, then I get a disk unreadable error, naturally enough I was angry but tried another game to see what happens, so I stick in Dragon Age, seems to load grand (MW2 failed on map loading) playin away and it randomly freezes. Now being dragon age has a few bugs in the system I tried another game, this time UFC. Was able to play it for a while but it also freezes.

I think its fair to say the machine is fubar yes? The disks are perfect, not a scratch on em. Has this happend to anyone else?

Apologies if this is a wasted thread :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

V9 wrote: »
    Right, so I got myself a new Elite this evening, happy as larry with it, I head up and plug it in and stick in MW2. Now it works grand for about an hour, then I get a disk unreadable error, naturally enough I was angry but tried another game to see what happens, so I stick in Dragon Age, seems to load grand (MW2 failed on map loading) playin away and it randomly freezes. Now being dragon age has a few bugs in the system I tried another game, this time UFC. Was able to play it for a while but it also freezes.

I think its fair to say the machine is fubar yes? The disks are perfect, not a scratch on em. Has this happend to anyone else?

Apologies if this is a wasted thread :)

Bring it back,Obviously a faulty unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

well heres a strange one. I took out the HDD and ran MW2 off my memory unit and its loading grand. Its the 20HDD off my old 360. How odd.

EDIT: bah, happened again, nevermind, mods, delete, lock or whatever this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Silly question, but are any of your discs scratched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Try installing 'em to your hard drive. The elite can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Silly question, but are any of your discs scratched?

disks are perfect.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Try installing 'em to your hard drive. The elite can handle it.

Aye I was gonna do that but if they're freezing theres no point. Ah im gonna bring it back tomorrow, get a new machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Did you get a new one? Is it working?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

How much is the elite going for these days? (totally off topic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

E210 in HMV.

Advertisement