Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 'recognised' subjects?

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hey!:D..i was just wondering if anyone knew what UCD classes as 'recognised' subjects as iv applied to the CAO for arts and am studying HL english,irish,home ec,art,french and OL maths so i have the english,irish and 3rd language requirement and just wondered if all leaving cert subjects are seen as 'recognised'?...sorry if this is a stupid question!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

pretty much anything you can do in the leaving cert is "recognised" all the one's you've listed are Okay.

Something odd like Drug production or coffee-making wouldn't be a recognised subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vintagelover

well since its not technically legal either i guessed as much!;)......but then again.....this is Ireland....anything is possible!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

PE and religion doesn't count. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

me@ucd wrote: »
    religion doesn't count. HTH.

does too

EDIT: doesn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

PE and religion doesn't count. HTH.

Religion does. You can do religion as an exam subject now......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Fad wrote: »
    Religion does. You can do religion as an exam subject now......

jesus, whats next PE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

jesus, whats next PE :eek:

It's a proper subject though, with an actual workload (Anyone who says its all bullshítting is frankly a liar :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

yeah...

Advertisement