Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brunch Ideas

Options
  • 13-01-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I'm going away for the weekend with a group of friends and we're taking it in turns to cook different meals. I've got Sunday brunch and I'm looking for ideas as all I can think of at the moment is scrambled egg!
    These are the things that need to be kept in mind:
    • I'm not a very experienced or talented cook :D
    • I'm cooking for 7, one doesn't eat red meat
    • I live in SA so the weather will be hot
    • We've to travel quite a bit so I don't want ingredients that will spoil too easily
    • I have to bring everything with me so I'd prefer something with a reasonably short list of ingredients
    Not complicated at all, am I?! Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Poached eggs on toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Drop scones:

For 2 people - you will need to scale up the quantities:

Premix 100g flour, 20g castor sugar, 1tsp baking soda, some lemon zest. Add 125ml milk and 1 egg. I also add in a cap of vanilla essence.

Fry in some oil. Serve with maple syrup and lemon juice...

Always goes down well, and takes about 2mins to combine everything.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

lok up the cullyandsully web site for ideas!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

American style pancakes with bacon (optional) and maple syrup. Make it even better and add eggs.

Those pancakes are great because you just mix everything together and cook. There's no leaving the batter to stand over night, or painstakingly sieving out lumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Thats a lovely idea for the weekend..

How about -
    Eggs benedict which is basically poached eggs on a toasted muffin with hollandaise sauce..mmm

Or

Scrambled eggs on toast but buy some lovely crusy bread and add some chorizo to the eggs for flavour and colour.

Or

Bruchetta (sp?) - Get some ciabatta bread and drizzle it with olive oil. Top it with goats cheese, diced tomatoes, garlic and shredded basil leaves. Pop under the grill..

Or soup with garlic bread sticks

Mmm I'm hungry

• Advertisement
Advertisement