Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical & How long have you been waiting?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Dub94

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Any1 here anything about medicals for Reserves this year?

I was speaking to appointments today and they are getting word that classes will be announced within the next few weeks and that any back log of BR forms will be cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Happy days . you made my day buddy. I was hoping it would be in the next few weeks .now hope to god I get cleared

Happy days . you made my day buddy. I was hoping it would be in the next few weeks .now hope to god I get cleared

Yeah music to my ears to mate she said I should hear back about my BR forms very soon. And then hopefully get a medical soon after

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah music to my ears to mate she said I should hear back about my BR forms very soon. And then hopefully get a medical soon after

How long u been waiting pal? From 1st date of application I'm just over 2 years.

How long u been waiting pal? From 1st date of application I'm just over 2 years.

Yeah I know you are mate ive told you before I think. I sent off last March for BR but I first sent my application form in to the reserves in Febuary 2013

• Advertisement

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah I know you are mate ive told you before I think. I sent off last March for BR but I first sent my application form in to the reserves in Febuary 2013

Apologise mate , I didn't recognise the user name . but we have been waiting awile hopefully this is our year.

Apologise mate , I didn't recognise the user name . but we have been waiting awile hopefully this is our year.

You weren't suppose to ha :)
    Yeah with any luck mate, I'm happy so far with the new commissioner

Ya I am as well if she keeps this up I'll be very happy.U thinking of going Full time after you become a GR.?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Just reading this there hopefully this means a few interviews as well? I might give them a bell on this during the week. Wouldn't it be great to finally get moving lads??

Yes runner I made a mess of the tests for full time last time. I'll be better prepared next time. I think the reserves are getting the attention this year

• Advertisement

JonathanP wrote:
    Just reading this there hopefully this means a few interviews as well? I might give them a bell on this during the week. Wouldn't it be great to finally get moving lads??

You still waiting on interview jonathanP ? Ya be awesome man we have been waiting years ,literally.

Dub94 wrote:
    Yes runner I made a mess of the tests for full time last time. I'll be better prepared next time. I think the reserves are getting the attention this year

For sure me to. Ya I think they are coz the end of 2013 and all of 2014 was just about full time and they have them in training now ,so no reason not to turn the attention back to the GR

You still waiting on interview jonathanP ? Ya be awesome man we have been waiting years ,literally.

Tell me about it im still nervous over the BR though im praying It clears and I get a medical.

Dub94 wrote:
    Tell me about it im still nervous over the BR though im praying It clears and I get a medical.

Well your last phone call was fairly positive ,so let hope there on the ball, they would wana get cracking ina way soon be in the 4th month of this year.

Well your last phone call was fairly positive ,so let hope there on the ball, they would wana get cracking ina way soon be in the 4th month of this year.

Yeah it was but knowing my luck something will go wrong. Your lucky you be on top of their List Id imagine.

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah it was but knowing my luck something will go wrong. Your lucky you be on top of their List Id imagine.

I wouldn't say so man , I know a guy that was in the class just gone and he had his interview 2 months after my own, its any1 guess when will get the call, but since were waiting so long you would think we are near the top adleast haha . fingers crossed for both of us bud.

I wouldn't say so man , I know a guy that was in the class just gone and he had his interview 2 months after my own, its any1 guess when will get the call, but since were waiting so long you would think we are near the top adleast haha . fingers crossed for both of us bud.
    Yeah I can't wait to start training and graduate with any luck. Then have something to look forward to doing every weekend.

Yea still waiting nearly 2 years now. So it would be on the ball now to get stuck in to it

JonathanP wrote:
    Yea still waiting nearly 2 years now. So it would be on the ball now to get stuck in to it

I'm just over the 2 year myself , its more then about time we got our shot.

I'm just over the 2 year myself , its more then about time we got our shot.

I was in town today and I looked around and it was great to see so many reserves. I hope we all are working next paddys day.

• Advertisement

Dub94 wrote:
    I was in town today and I looked around and it was great to see so many reserves. I hope we all are working next paddys day.

That's the dream

Perhaps a bit of bad news chums. I just rang PAS to check up and got talking to a grand chap, he said that there has been no movement at any level yet for the GR side due to full timers (we all knew this). He also could not give an estimation on when it will be put back on track. To be fair this is not news we've heard for the first time. Maybe when phase 1 moves out of college it might be put up and going.

He also said that, I did not know this, that interviews and the like were held certain locations at different times. I thought all the provinces had interviews at the one time.

JonathanP wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit of bad news chums. I just rang PAS to check up and got talking to a grand chap, he said that there has been no movement at any level yet for the GR side due to full timers (we all knew this). He also could not give an estimation on when it will be put back on track. To be fair this is not news we've heard for the first time. Maybe when phase 1 moves out of college it might be put up and going.

He also said that, I did not know this, that interviews and the like were held certain locations at different times. I thought all the provinces had interviews at the one time.

He sounds like the guy I talked to, he went into great detail. I am starting to believe that certain people in the reserve office are being told things while others aren't. It's funny how I can ring and be told something completely opposite to what you've been told. I'm going to stay hopeful as the commissioner has come out and told people that there will be a big recruitment drive this year. And if there isn't then I can see a lot of people being angry me being one of them.

Dub94 wrote: »
    He sounds like the guy I talked to, he went into great detail. I am starting to believe that certain people in the reserve office are being told things while others aren't. It's funny how I can ring and be told something completely opposite to what you've been told. I'm going to stay hopeful as the commissioner has come out and told people that there will be a big recruitment drive this year. And if there isn't then I can see a lot of people being angry me being one of them.

I have to agree with you! I e-mailed a woman about my place in the queue to be interviewed and this fella told me something completely different to what the woman did. So I think it's just typical Irish unorganization (sorry for the spelling) but hopefully there will be the big drive as you say dub94

Dub94 and JohnathanP I think your ringing different people , PAS does interviews and tests then from that stage on Human Resources or Reserve unit is who you would talk to about medicals or training dates , PAS wouldn't know about BR froms either, so have you been ringing HR dub94? And JohnathanP you been ringing PAS?

Dub94 and JohnathanP I think your ringing different people , PAS does interviews and tests then from that stage on Human Resources or Reserve unit is who you would talk to about medicals or training dates , PAS wouldn't know about BR froms either, so have you been ringing HR dub94? And JohnathanP you been ringing PAS?
    Yes I stated in my post I rang the reserve office I once rang the pas by mistake and was told it was the wrong place. Everyone who works in the hr seems to have different information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

The lady ye spoke with in the Reserve office is a lovely women who is also involved with the recruitment process in the FT side also.

TBH lads, dont hold your breath with regard to this as the thing as a whole is an unorganized mess from the admin side down to the front line, so I would advise ye take anything you are told with a large pinch of salt and never take it as gospel as when I started in Templemore 3 years ago they told us that we were meant to be the last phase for a long time and low and behold there phases after but only 2 I think.

Dont be obsessed with interviews, start dates etc because in truth no one knows what will happen so just go on with your lives and dont get hung up on it. You will get your chance eventually but just dont put your life on hold waiting for it because I can tell you know it can take 6 months to 6 years.

Yeah I've come to noticing that over the last year, thankfully though the commissioner is set to speed things up and I'm still very hopeful of being in this years class.
    I've been waiting just over two years in total so far and I've just gotten on with my life. However now I am being careful in work so I don't take my holidays for stupid days off, instead im holding them with the hope of using them for training.

I was talking to pas :)

I know only too well what admin is like waiting this long and hearing every story I never really get hopes up but I still like dropping in on this discussions to see what's going on keeping an ear to the ground

What's for you won't pass you!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Obviously additional Reserves are not on anyone's priority list

Advertisement