Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical & How long have you been waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Price varies from free to 50 euro, typical :rolleyes:
    Jaysus, 50 quid for a signature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

ball wrote: »
    Jaysus, 50 quid for a signature

Ah no like it's a check up too.

Listens to your heart, blood pressure, not sure what else, was along time ago for me.

But ya 50 euro even for that is a rip off, depends on the GP tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grandslam

tell ur gp its for gr, mine said fair play to you as the gs need the people and didnt charge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Trebor35

Hi ABED.
    Ah stop l was so delighted to hear the guy saying that they would like me down with the class in June all going well on the 26th that is. Going to my Doc now during the week and have the medical form all ready. It was with the local Inspector that l had an interview with, which was the about 4 to 5 weeks ago.

Does anyone know how long the medical takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

anyone waiting more than 8 weeks for medical?

or whats the average?

i did the inspector interview then and no word since!

how will i be notified?

glad to hear everyones tippin along!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭lehanemore

anyone waiting more than 8 weeks for medical?

or whats the average?

well, I was waiting about a year, there's more that took longer than that, so the answer is no one knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Ya any1 will do, Just look around and see who you want to be your GP, go to him, explain whats its for and give him the form, will only take around 10 mins.
    He/she will check your blood pressure and stuff

Price varies from free to 50 euro, typical :rolleyes:
    Got that sorted.
    Doc took down my details and asked about my medical history.
    Gave me the signature and charged 50 euro.

Didnt touch me. Didn't even ask for ID

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭glhoran121

wonder how long of a wait thou ????
    its the medical and local station interview then !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

glhoran121 wrote: »
    wonder how long of a wait thou ????
    its the medical and local station interview then !!!!!

yes presuming we pass, then after that an interview with the super.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 THE PIPER

Have medical next wednesday at 9 am,got a call today to call

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

THE PIPER wrote: »

:D nice one Piper, seriously hope it all goes well for you next Wednesday

kerry4sam wrote: »
    :D nice one Piper, seriously hope it all goes well for you next Wednesday
    Thanks sam,didnt expect to be called so soon,medical yesterday with my own GP and he said i should fly through the medical.:DWhole process very quick,only applied end of febuary:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 lavman

Thanks sam,didnt expect to be called so soon,medical yesterday with my own GP and he said i should fly through the medical.:DWhole process very quick,only applied end of febuary:)
    how long was it between your interview in your local station and medical? i was in my local station yesterday and i think everything went well. what does the medical involve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Nice one Piper, I think we did the interview around then same month...

Still waiting for mine,

Good look.:)

lavman wrote: »
    how long was it between your interview in your local station and medical? i was in my local station yesterday and i think everything went well. what does the medical involve?
    Supers interview last week,bout a week between each interview,very quick for me.Just one of the lucky ones.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mahns

What does the medical involve? Hearing test, eye test, blood test, urine test? Is that about it? Have mine on the 17th! Start training on the 19th if passed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mahns

What does the medical involve? Hearing test, eye test, blood test, urine test? Is that about it? Have mine on the 17th! Start training on the 19th if passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Mahns wrote: »

Thats about it, no blood test tho

Well folks Im up for medical at 9am tomorow:eek:,got a phonecall today to say that Ive been cleared for training subject to passing medical:D
    Theres going to be an in take next month,cant start the 19th as Im going on holidays tomorow for 2 weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well folks Im up for medical at 9am tomorow:eek:,got a phonecall today to say that Ive been cleared for training subject to passing medical:D
    Theres going to be an in take next month,cant start the 19th as Im going on holidays tomorow for 2 weeks :(

Piper, well how did you get on this morning ... I would guess you would have passed no hassle :)

You are really lucky to have got this far so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Well Well thats great news, Great to hear your moving along nice and fast.

Hope all went well with med?...

Well done.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

are you contacted when the checks are completed or do you just get called for the medical?

DK47 wrote: »
    are you contacted when the checks are completed or do you just get called for the medical?
    yeah they cntact u to say u passed and arrange a date for d medical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

How bloody long does it take before your called for the medical. The waiting is the annoying part.

billyhead wrote: »
    How bloody long does it take before your called for the medical. The waiting is the annoying part.

billyhead i feel your pain.... we just have to be cleared of background checks first before the medical is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

Hey well as a reserve member and fully integrated with the full timers..
    yes we can make mistakes but thankfully on my own behalf nothing major to date... as far as a fulltime member babysitting me out on the beat is concerned i have often been out with petite female fresh from graduation who would get rattled by some gouger saying boo to them... and on many occasions i a 100kg 6ft male reserve have had to come to the full timers aid in sticky sictuations and its no big deal to me....
    nobodys perfect ... but one things for sure we wear the same uniform and if we cant help each other out well then its SAD..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 780 ✭✭✭munster4868

trail man wrote: »
    Hey well as a reserve member and fully integrated with the full timers..
    yes we can make mistakes but thankfully on my own behalf nothing major to date... as far as a fulltime member babysitting me out on the beat is concerned i have often been out with petite female fresh from graduation who would get rattled by some gouger saying boo to them... and on many occasions i a 100kg 6ft male reserve have had to come to the full timers aid in sticky sictuations and its no big deal to me....
    nobodys perfect ... but one things for sure we wear the same uniform and if we cant help each other out well then its SAD..

My God, Your BMI is huge. How did you pass the medical as your BMI works out to be near obesity (BMI of 30 or greater, yours is 29.8 if you are 6ft and 100kg!!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trail man

My God, Your BMI is huge. How did you pass the medical as your BMI works out to be near obesity (BMI of 30 or greater, yours is 29.8 if you are 6ft and 100kg!!);)

Hey munster...
    burgers and chips and all that healthy stuff... mmm am off to the chipper for me brekkie..:pac:....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 limerick2009

hi
    just wondering anyone out there for the reserves get called for a medical anytime soon???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭billyhead

hi
    just wondering anyone out there for the reserves get called for a medical anytime soon???

Nah still waiting. Pain in the ass waitin tbh

Advertisement