Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you DO believe in God.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Ski Boz wrote: »
    Blasphemy: The victimless crime

rofl :p

I like that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

How many people are REALLY atheist?

Let's be honest - it's in vogue. People think it's cool, intellectual or rebellious to be atheist. Deep down though, a lot of these people secretly say a prayer here or there.
    How many atheists are really left?

Hi my name is Tom and I've been an atheist for 25 years all of my adult life, I remember the first time experimenting with thoughs of no-gods, then I was hooked, the whole fuzzy wuzzy world came into focus. It's only really got serious in the last number of years when I realised I wasn't alone, there was others.
    (and I am using the analogy of alcohol which was a pob for a short time)
    It's like this were all born Atheist and then indoctinated with some religion before we can count to 10 which I class as mental child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I kinda miss this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Undergod wrote: »
    I kinda miss this thread.

Think we should have a funeral for it? Maybe a Sticky headstone....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I love the thread title most, I can imagine some horrible thing shouting it at me, like this woman...

Horrible stuff, eugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

'You're going to get nothing, absolutely nothing for Christmas, 'cause that's what Christmas is about, Jesus Christ!'

Best quote ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I'm still waiting for a reply from srynelo. Though four posts since Dec 2007 indicates I'll have to wait a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Let's be honest - it's in vogue. People think it's cool, intellectual or rebellious to be atheist. Deep down though, a lot of these people secretly say a prayer here or there.

A lot of people who genuinely have abandoned religious belief find themselves at the end of life afraid of death, and quickly convert.

Some in their conscious mind think 'God is not real' , but subconsciously, some beliefs remain. Whether it's a result of their upbringing, or a human connection to something spiritual I don't know.

Atheists are always really left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

A lot of people who genuinely have abandoned religious belief find themselves at the end of life afraid of death, and quickly convert.

Some in their conscious mind think 'God is not real' , but subconsciously, some beliefs remain. Whether it's a result of their upbringing, or a human connection to something spiritual I don't know.

You know, I think the REAL question here is, how many people who will tell you that, yes, they do sort of believe in god, actually don't?

How many true believers are really left?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

I think the above poster is right.

The question is a lot nearer the mark if you turn it around. How many people who profess to be believers actually are?

For one the number of people who claim in polls to be believers is much bigger then church attendances.

I don't know about you, but if I truly believed in an Almighty God I would be in Church every week without fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,949 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't pretend to know the intimate inner workings of a devout Christian.

So why in the hell are you trying to tell me what kind of Atheist I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Overheal wrote: »
    I don't pretend to know the intimate inner workings of a devout Christian.

So why in the hell are you trying to tell me what kind of Atheist I am?

That post is 3 months old and she hasn't posted since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,949 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    That post is 3 months old and she hasn't posted since then.
    Grrr Troll. Bah. Edit the OP.

Advertisement