Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff in Finglas

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

laura29 wrote: »
    Hi All . i saw geoff abt a year ago now , found him quite good i suppose alot of what he said has yet to happen so will know at a later stage how good , one thing that really disapointed me and scared me ! was that he told me i have an extremely negative "bad" spirit in my home and he would come to my house that week to get rid of it as it was an absolute necessity ! well he never showed up or returned my calls so needless to say i kinda wish i never went , cant fault that hes a really nice guy tho
    wish he,d come kick this evil spirits ass tho :mad:

Jeez - that sounds really weird and creepy! How would he have known that if he was nowhere near your home? Are you aware of anything sinister in your house? I've never heard of anything like this before.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

laura29 wrote: »
    Hi All . i saw geoff abt a year ago now , found him quite good i suppose alot of what he said has yet to happen so will know at a later stage how good , one thing that really disapointed me and scared me ! was that he told me i have an extremely negative "bad" spirit in my home and he would come to my house that week to get rid of it as it was an absolute necessity ! well he never showed up or returned my calls so needless to say i kinda wish i never went , cant fault that hes a really nice guy tho
    wish he,d come kick this evil spirits ass tho :mad:
    What a stupid thing to tell someone. All that will do is put the fear of god into you. Had you mentioned that your house felt odd or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭laura29

I never mentioned a thing about my house or gave him any information at all but there is and always have been "issues" with my home well according to the neighbours anyway , after a few months living here i noticed a bunch of sticks tied together under the hotpress , eventually got told this was a ****** of sticks ! supposedly an old fashioned way or warding off bad spirits , needless to say their still there ! ive never seen anything in the house but i know that a previous owner died here but geoff said this is not the spirit i need to be worried about "he,s a harmless soul" apparently but the bad spirit is draining my home of positive energy which i can definately agree with , ive never had a minute luck in this house since the day i bought it , no one has lasted here more than 4 years , apart from me and thats only cause ive no choice but to stay , would really love to get someone in to sort this spirit thing out , maybe then things might take a turn for the better

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im not saying there isnt anything going on in your house, but the more thought you give to it, the more power you give it over you. The biggest enemy you have is not the spirit in your house, but your own fear of it. Yes, there are rituals and totems you can use to 'rid' yourself of whatever is bugging you in the house, and there are people who will do that for you. But ultimately the ability to 'cleanse' your house is already within you.

I spoke once to the guy who owns Leap castle, allegedly the most haunted castle in Ireland. I dont know about that, but sections do have a weird atmosphere. When I asked him about the supposed horrible spooks within the place, he said that he felt having a happy family living there, who play music and have good times, has changed the atmosphere of the place. He had such a positive outlook, saying that 'if theres someone here, I dont bother them and they dont bother me, sure we both get on together'. He was completely unafraid.

In all the time Ive been involved in spiritual work, thats what I have found to be key. Dont fear it, face it, tell it to bugger off. :) Which sounds stupid, and is hard to explain in print, but its exactly what you need to do. It really bugs me when a reader who should know better, adds to your fear instead of helping you to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Oryx wrote: »
    Im not saying there isnt anything going on in your house, but the more thought you give to it, the more power you give it over you. The biggest enemy you have is not the spirit in your house, but your own fear of it. Yes, there are rituals and totems you can use to 'rid' yourself of whatever is bugging you in the house, and there are people who will do that for you. But ultimately the ability to 'cleanse' your house is already within you.

I spoke once to the guy who owns Leap castle, allegedly the most haunted castle in Ireland. I dont know about that, but sections do have a weird atmosphere. When I asked him about the supposed horrible spooks within the place, he said that he felt having a happy family living there, who play music and have good times, has changed the atmosphere of the place. He had such a positive outlook, saying that 'if theres someone here, I dont bother them and they dont bother me, sure we both get on together'. He was completely unafraid.

In all the time Ive been involved in spiritual work, thats what I have found to be key. Dont fear it, face it, tell it to bugger off. :) Which sounds stupid, and is hard to explain in print, but its exactly what you need to do. It really bugs me when a reader who should know better, adds to your fear instead of helping you to deal with it.

I dont necessarily think that the readers are deliberately adding to the fear of the person to be fair, but it is a fascinating subject so people are bound to be curious and inquisitive about it. And the poster would have most likely known this when they but the subject up for general discussion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement