Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Mathematical Modelling

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there,

A recent maths graduate here - I'm interested in doing this Masters in Modelling. It has a lot of appealing features:

* It seems to cater to those of us thinking of pursuing Fluid Dynamics both at an academic and industrial level. This contrasts against the dull financial aspect usually encountered at Masters.
    * It's in Ireland - the next best place would be Bath. It'll be easier to get a grant/scholarship etc.
    * There seem to be quite a few projects open.

Getting information on the course isn't as easy as other universities I've corresponded with in the past. Naturally, I don't want to waste my time doing something I could read out of a book.

Are there any past/current students on here who would be willing to answer a few questions on the course?

The main things I'd like to find out are:

* Is there access to UNIX workstations?
    * Maths/Science Library catalogue
    * The workload on an average week
    * Scholarships
    * (Average) Standard of teaching
    * The quality and academic level of the projects

Any information on the above would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 KerryStar

Hi there,

A recent maths graduate here - I'm interested in doing this Masters in Modelling. It has a lot of appealing features:

* It seems to cater to those of us thinking of pursuing Fluid Dynamics both at an academic and industrial level. This contrasts against the dull financial aspect usually encountered at Masters.
    * It's in Ireland - the next best place would be Bath. It'll be easier to get a grant/scholarship etc.
    * There seem to be quite a few projects open.

Getting information on the course isn't as easy as other universities I've corresponded with in the past. Naturally, I don't want to waste my time doing something I could read out of a book.

Are there any past/current students on here who would be willing to answer a few questions on the course?

The main things I'd like to find out are:

* Is there access to UNIX workstations?
    * Maths/Science Library catalogue
    * The workload on an average week
    * Scholarships
    * (Average) Standard of teaching
    * The quality and academic level of the projects

Any information on the above would be appreciated.

Hello,

Just wondering did do you a masters in mathematical modelling?
    If so, where did you do it and how would you rate it?

I would really appreciate some feedback.

Advertisement