Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Nice One, looks deadly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Is there any release date for Anesthetize yet? I heard it was coming out in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was supposed to be released yesterday, but its being put back a week. So next Monday it is. Itching for it myself, can't wait to hear/see Dark Matter and Cheating the Polygraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I have to jump into this thread :-)

I only started listening to PT a few weeks ago, and im blown away... i really like their sound!!

Im not comparing them to Pink Floyd but its like the first time i heard them all over again!! that feeling of "oh nice...!!!"

i love my bit of Opeth and Cinic, Rush, Floyd... so this fits in nicely to my daily listening :D

great band!!

Welcome to the group. Goodness knows there aren't enough of us.

What stuff have you listened to? Cos they go through many styles over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

If the trailer wasn't enough, "Way out of here" from it is up on youtube. Damn Amazing. Can't wait to get my grubby mits all over that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Love the band. Hate the new album though. It just sounds....off!
    Stupid Dream is a great album too.

An official video for the most unlikely song/single ever I'd have to say:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/porcupinetree/bonnie/

Sorry cant embed, its not on youtube from what I saw!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Odd chice for a single alright, would have gone with Octane twisted, or moving away from "The Incident" - Remember Me Lover. Interesting video anyway :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Fantastic gig at Sonisphere Spain,temp hit 45 degrees that day. Jesus it was hot. I was happy with the setlist and Steven dedicated Blackest Eyes to RJD as PT were a Heaven and Hell replacement.

No merch for some reason which was arse.

Also, though it doesnt need to be said the Anesthetize DVD is ****ing fantastic

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    Fantastic gig at Sonisphere Spain,temp hit 45 degrees that day. Jesus it was hot. I was happy with the setlist and Steven dedicated Blackest Eyes to RJD as PT were a Heaven and Hell replacement.

No merch for some reason which was arse.

Also, though it doesnt need to be said the Anesthetize DVD is ****ing fantastic

Cool what was setlist? Can imagine it being similar to Rock Werchter.

Merch thing is cos it costs too much for them to ship stuff around that they know they wouldn't sell much of, so they have a tshirt on their site for festival tour.

Setlist was:
    Occam's Razor
    The Blind House
    Anesthetize
    Hatesong
    Octane Twisted
    The Seance
    Circle of Manias
    Way Out Of Here
    Bonnie the Cat
    Blackest Eyes

Was thrilled with Hatesong and WOOH. Understand about the merch but still a pain. Loads of people were asking where I got the shirt I was wearing so they obviously would have sold well.

Anathema were class too, big shout out from them to Steven, their latest will have to be purchased.

Post 666\m/

Very cool setlist, perfect for a festival. I'll assume it was the Pills in Me section of Anaethetize too.

Anathema are a band I must check out alright. And get the new Prog mag today, has some PT/side-projecct stuff on a cd.

Anyone here going to the Royal Albert Hall? From sounds of it, it'll be a looooooooong and amazing show. Hour of pre-LBS material, songs never been played, songs for first time in years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Oh yes.............P.T. playing October 11th, Tripod Dublin:cool::cool::cool:

galwayrush wrote: »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? I have literally danced around my kitchen.

And Belfast. This is poure awesomeness. 3 times in one week...holy ****balls!

Woo Hoo, great news. Deadly to see them in a venue like that. When ticks on sale?

I cant believe this is happening. On sale Friday for both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

FNCKIN HELL !!!! ...Im there

Little edit, Belfast already on sale on ticketmaster at £25.50 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Gonna have to look into going to both - ta Mushy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

tripod tickets not on ticketmaster.ie? what gives? i cant miss this!!!

tripod tickets not on ticketmaster.ie? what gives? i cant miss this!!!

Says on site(PT's) both go on sale Friday 30th. Bought my Belfast ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mushy wrote: »
    Says on site(PT's) both go on sale Friday 30th. Bought my Belfast ones anyway.

the planets have aligned, 30th is my payday. my birthday is in oct, and i'm off work the first two weeks of the month too. i literally have no reason not to go.

I'm hoping to do both gigs, all we need next is for Rush to add Ireland to next years European tour.:)

the planets have aligned, 30th is my payday. my birthday is in oct, and i'm off work the first two weeks of the month too. i literally have no reason not to go.

Hmmm....my payday is the 30th, my birthday is October....I just don't quite have the two weeks off though:D

Nothing will stop me seeing them, and then my obsession hits so its 3 times in 4 days.

I'm hoping to do both gigs, all we need next is for Rush to add Ireland to next years European tour.:)

And Dream Theater on their 'Evening With...' shows on next tour;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent!!!!! Will get me a ticket on Friday!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

We shall have pints! :D

We shall have pints! :D

Oh yes, :cool:
    I am going to be cheeky and use a contact i know close to the band and try and see if they would be interested in playing something the Galway Arts fest next year.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Tripod? What an epically small venue to see them, this is gonna be unreal:cool:

Advertisement