Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

Does anyone have any info as to when tickets will be on sale for the Dublin show? It's not even listed on ticketmaster yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Does anyone have any info as to when tickets will be on sale for the Dublin show? It's not even listed on ticketmaster yet :/

It's up on ticketmaster now. Tickets are on sale tomorrow morning:
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180044FDB6C640EA?artistid=821376&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Jeez could they not list them on the main page, ffs!! With tickets on sale tomorrow!!!:rolleyes: Cnuts never even sent me a text alert!!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Excellent .... ticket sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got my ticket. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Me too!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Tickets sorted. Was taking no chances, at PC since 8.45

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nea wrote: »
    Tickets sorted. Was taking no chances, at PC since 8.45

Get outta my mind. Exact same myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Got my tickets earlier today. Was in the same frame of mind, get them as soon as possible :P

Can't wait for this!!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cannot believe this, so very very happy, dying for it already

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Ticket got! Can anyone who was at the tbmc gig years ago confirm that they struggled to get double figure attendance?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I was at the TBMC gig in 2003. As far as I remember the attendance wasn't great but it certainly wasn't as low as barely double figures. I was at the front so probably wasn't that aware of the size of the audience but I think I'd have noticed if there were only 15 or 20 people there.

MollyZ wrote: »
    I was at the TBMC gig in 2003. As far as I remember the attendance wasn't great but it certainly wasn't as low as barely double figures. I was at the front so probably wasn't that aware of the size of the audience but I think I'd have noticed if there were only 15 or 20 people there.

Cool, alas that gig was just before i got into PT, In absentia tour too, i bet it was great.

I personally know about 5 or 6 people who want to go and there seems to be a good contingent on here who are going so it should be a good crowd.

I personally know about 5 or 6 people who want to go and there seems to be a good contingent on here who are going so it should be a good crowd.

Yeah I'm going with at least 4 others too. HOpefully one or two more also. Cant wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Im going with 4 others ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

I'm going with my girlfriend, we actually met and started going out over our obsession with PT...:D

So thanks to PT I've found an amazing girl that loves the same music as me...:cool:

Played the first of their special shows in New York last night:

(Acoustic Segment with Colin on Double Bass, Gavin on stripped down kit, and Steve on acoustic, and Wes and Richard on the usual)
    Stranger By The Minute
    Small Fish
    Pure Narcotic
    Black Dahlia
    Futile
    Short Break
    Even Less (Full Version)
    Open Car
    Lazarus
    Tinto Brass
    Sky Moves Sideways
    I Drive The Hearse
    Bonnie The Cat
    10 Minute Break
    Occam's Razor
    The Blind House
    Great Expectations
    Kneel and Disconnect
    Drawing The Line
    Dislocated Day
    Time Files
    The Pills I'm Taking
    Up The Downstair
    Sleep Together
    Encore Break
    Arriving Somewhere...But Not Here

Wow:eek: Now I know not to expect all them in Dublin/Belfast, but may get one or two older songs as its right before ALbert Hall. The presence of Arriving Somewhere makes me very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

I shall be at the gig in Dublin with one other. I'll admit to only knowing Deadwing really well, so I'm hoping they play Open Car or ASBNH. :cool:

It should be a memorable night, I'm really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on where to go (listening wise) from Deadwing, keeping in mind the songs they might play at the show? I'm a bit familiar with In Absentia, so I'm guessing Fear of a Blank Planet and their latest album would be a safe bet?

If they play ASBNH I'll be delighted, possibly my favourite PT song

No Trains in that set though :eek:

• Advertisement

I shall be at the gig in Dublin with one other. I'll admit to only knowing Deadwing really well, so I'm hoping they play Open Car or ASBNH. :cool:

It should be a memorable night, I'm really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on where to go (listening wise) from Deadwing, keeping in mind the songs they might play at the show? I'm a bit familiar with In Absentia, so I'm guessing Fear of a Blank Planet and their latest album would be a safe bet?

You pretty much have it sorted yourself. In absentia, FOABP, The Incident are definitely going to be easier for you if you know Deadwing. Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun are the inbetween albums, in that they develop between psychedelic and rock. Great albums though.

For the gig, def give The Incident more of a look in, especially the first five sections. Prob only get one song from FOABP at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can't wait for the Dublin gig:cool:, friends have tickets for the Belfast and R.A.H., but i can't afford to go.:mad:

Waa Hoo
    Under 2 weeks left lads and ladies.

Glad to see they are playing Open Car and Russia on Ice lately.
    For fun, if you could pick 5 songs to be played on the night what would they be as anything is possible?

For Moi,
    Nostalgia Factory
    What Happens Now
    Glass Arm Shattering
    Synesthesia
    Radioactive Toy

Blackest eyes
    Trains or sound of Muzak
    Deadwing or halo
    The creator had a mastertape
    Anesthetise (all of it)

Slim chance of that though...

I'd go with:

Trains
    Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
    Lightbulb Sun
    Piano Lessons
    The Creator Has a Mastertape

Hard to pick just 5 tbh

Yes I know picking just 5 is hard, just wanted to see what people were looking for.
    You could have cheated like 120 mins and stuck "or" between 2 songs:P

Wedding Nails
    Collapse
    Rest Will Flow
    Start of Something Beautiful
    Futile

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Russia On Ice
    Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
    Voyage 34 Phase One
    Stars Die
    Anesthetize (in full)

I keep looking at everyones picks and thinking "Yeah that'd be awesome!"

• Advertisement

One of best things is I've week off work for the 3 gigs. What a week its gonna be! Pity bout the disaster with London tix.

Advertisement