Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

My most wanted 5 tracks are

Trains
    Mellotron Scratch
    Stranger By The Minute
    Way Out Of Here
    Shesmovedon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

5 more sleeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I logged into last.fm and decided to check my recommended events.

'OMFG PORCUPINE TREE ARE PLAYING DUBLIN?! ON MONDAY?!!?!'

How I missed this thread, I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Been too broke to get a ticket so far, hope i can get one at the weekend. Can't miss this.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Very excited more so now. Got the 'Atlanta' download from FOABP tour the other day, then the re-issue of Recordings yesterday. Full length Even Less is awesome. Gonna be class week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

JK9 wrote: »
    My most wanted 5 tracks are

Trains
    Mellotron Scratch
    Stranger By The Minute
    Way Out Of Here
    Shesmovedon
    According to the PT website FAQ, songs like this and Stars Die never get played live because of the complex vocals. Everyone wants Mellotron Scratch though, if they did that vocal harmony live I would jizz all over the universe..

The rest are fair game though, especially Trains. Really can't wait for this, been a fan since '06, it's going to be amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

Jambo221 wrote: »
    According to the PT website FAQ, songs like this and Stars Die never get played live because of the complex vocals. Everyone wants Mellotron Scratch though, if they did that vocal harmony live I would jizz all over the universe..

The rest are fair game though, especially Trains. Really can't wait for this, been a fan since '06, it's going to be amazing :D
    I don't know about Stars Die, it was played a few nights ago:

1. Even Less (long version)
      2. Open Car
      3. Lazarus
      4. The Sound of Muzak
      5. Russia on Ice (first half)
      6. Anesthetize (Pt. 2: The Pills I'm Taking)
      7. I Drive the Hearse
      8. Bonnie the Cat
      9. Occam's Razor
      10. The Blind House
      11. Great Expectations
      12. Kneel and Disconnect
      13. Drawing the Line
      14. Stars Die
      15. Dislocated Day
      16. Time Flies
      17. Sleep Together
      18. Encore:
      19. Blackest Eyes
      20. Trains

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

CDH wrote: »
    I don't know about Stars Die, it was played a few nights ago.
    http://www.porcupinetree.com/community.faq.cfm#faq1505

I know Steven Wilson played it live acoustically, I suppose they reworked it for a full-band performance. Such a class song though, hope they play Dislocated Day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

Ok having delved deeper into the PT catalogue, and after whittling down a rather long list, I've come up with my wishfully optimistic five:

Anesthetize (In Full)
    Radioactive Toy
    Blackest Eyes
    The Sound of Muzak
    Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

(I'm taking Open Car as a banker as I get the impression they play it fairly often, and yes Mellotron Scratch would be pretty sweet)

A 20 song setlist would be awesome, although two of them are only 2 minute sections, but still. A setlist like that would make me so happy, maybe one or two changes. 3 times in 4 days...I should hear enough to be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

so is there a meet up happening or something? i'm planning to be in dublin for most of the day....or after drinks in one of these fancy new dublin rock pubs?

so is there a meet up happening or something? i'm planning to be in dublin for most of the day....or after drinks in one of these fancy new dublin rock pubs?

I'm out if so. ALready going with quite a few. Although may end up in one after alright.

Oh, and setlist wise, I'd say if ya look at Denmark/Germany shows, you'll get a good idea on what'll be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm out if so. ALready going with quite a few. Although may end up in one after alright.

Oh, and setlist wise, I'd say if ya look at Denmark/Germany shows, you'll get a good idea on what'll be played.

kinda the same, i know a load going, but i'm actually heading on my own, but it'd be nice to put faces with names..... i look like my sig below if anyone spots me....

kinda the same, i know a load going, but i'm actually heading on my own, but it'd be nice to put faces with names..... i look like my sig below if anyone spots me....

Ya wont be only one from Westmeath going then, my gf be from that neck of the woods.

If i can make it, i'm easy to spot, poneytail and more than likely wearing a Rush t-shirt.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Not too gone on the germany setlists, theyre a bit short and no trains or blackest eyes... something like their denmark setlist would be class though

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cannot wait!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Still can't believe I'm going to see Porcupine Tree!

spiralism wrote: »
    Not too gone on the germany setlists, theyre a bit short and no trains or blackest eyes... something like their denmark setlist would be class though

If they played a 16 song set that included Even Less in full, Sky Moves Sideways, Dislocated Day and then some more popular hits along with The Incident songs...thats damn good. Encore alternates between Arriving Somewhere and Trains + Blackest Eyes it appears.

Cannot wait for it. I'll be easily noticeable with my long-sleeved DT from last tour!

Will i be able to get a ticket at the venue on the night?, i am very tied for time to try and get to a ticketmaster beforehand.

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    Will i be able to get a ticket at the venue on the night?, i am very tied for time to try and get to a ticketmaster beforehand.

Not sure are they on sale there. Do ya only have cash? Cos if not, try card and the etickets. Assume you'd have no time for Stephens Green outlet beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

If they played a 16 song set that included Even Less in full, Sky Moves Sideways, Dislocated Day and then some more popular hits along with The Incident songs...thats damn good. Encore alternates between Arriving Somewhere and Trains + Blackest Eyes it appears.

Cannot wait for it. I'll be easily noticeable with my long-sleeved DT from last tour!

True, id rather get Trains and BE though, that denmark setlist actually is unreal

spiralism wrote: »
    True, id rather get Trains and BE though, that denmark setlist actually is unreal

It really is. Still havent heard Blackest Eyes live yet, think I'm bad luck against it, so sorry for Monday:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Who's supporting? This is like my first gig in about 3/4 years, couldn't believe it when they were announced to play.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

North Atlantic Oscillation are supporting.

Tomorrow!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Only one more sleep....maybe 2 depending on if I crash now:D Hopefully full Even Less gets nailed on...some very cool bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

If I don't get in, I would not be a happy camper.

Ruski wrote: »
    If I don't get in, I would not be a happy camper.

Not over 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Not over 18?
    True dat. Apparently I don't look like I'm under 18 but the bouncers might be badsers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anyone know roughtly what time the concert will be on until?

Advertisement