Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porcupine Tree

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd go with 11. 2 hour set starting at 9 I'd say, give or take few mins.

Ruski wrote: »
    True dat. Apparently I don't look like I'm under 18 but the bouncers might be badsers.

Make it look like you're part of a group. And if you already are....make the groups seem like they together. Cant see them asking for id though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd go with 11. 2 hour set starting at 9 I'd say, give or take few mins.

Good. Getting a late bus home and I'd hate to miss out on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Mushy wrote: »
    Make it look like you're part of a group. And if you already are....make the groups seem like they together. Cant see them asking for id though.
    Well I'm going with a group, and nearly all of them are in their early twenties. Would I be okay?

Ruski wrote: »
    Well I'm going with a group, and nearly all of them are in their early twenties. Would I be okay?

You def should be. I cant envisage them being too strict, if at all. And you're accompanied too as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Good. Getting a late bus home and I'd hate to miss out on anything.

Almost certain of making it now, i'll be travelling with Go Bus, leaving Dublin after midnight.

edit, travelling up at either 15:45 16:45 , bus home 00:15

• Registered Users Posts: 6 acquiredtaste

no more sleeps :D

hoping for....sound of musak, blackest eyes, waiting

loving the live album the sky moves sideways at the mo..mostly normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Windy_Guy

I've an extra ticket for Thursday nights gig in the Royal Albert Hall, I know it's short notice, but that's how it goes. It's SOLD OUT & is an extra special gig, what ever that means, but the ticket is for a seat in the Loggia boxes, section L6. Among the best seats in the house!
    PM me if you're interested, I know there's cheap flights!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Few hours to go, been speculating about the setlist all day :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Getting ready atm, can't wait.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 toolfan1912

Leaving college now in 20 mins to go into town for the gig, can't ****ing wait!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Not much longer to go!!!

Quite looking forward to seeing North Atlantic Oscillation now as well

:eek:

What. A. Gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What a ****ing amazing gig.

*jaw drop*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Haa! I was happy with almost everything in that set, a good cross section for everyone I thought, kinda want to go to Belfast now...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Amazing gig from top to bottom. The sequence of songs from The Incident was great.
    Quite possibly the best sound at a rock/metal gig I've ever witnessed.

That support band were ****ing awful though! That whole faux Sigur Ros falsetto vocals thing they were trying to pull of just didn't come off at all. Thank **** PT blew them away!

Richy06 wrote: »
    Quite possibly the best sound at a rock/metal gig I've ever witnessed.
    Agreed on this, sound was top notch, really impressed with Tripod as a gig venue.

My friend got Steve's pick :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Absolutely amazing gig.

I'm still coming round to the fact I've actually seen them.

I can't believe the set we got. Sound of Muzak was a real treat.

Nice to get a bit of banter from Steven as well. Really impressed with the performance, sound, everything really.

I liked Gavin's magic trick. Such a random thing to throw in at the end of the show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, really enjoyed the gig. There was a clarity and coherance in the sound and the songs were wonderfully performed by the band too.

Can't say I've experienced a '10 Minute break' at a Rock gig before either. :D

Nice visuals too. And the crowd was a nice mix of folk. One or two conspicous setlist omissoins however, Fear of a Blank Planet, Heart Attack in a Layby, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Savage gig, hoarse this morning always a sign of a good gig.
    Sound, venue and crowd was great and most of all the band were into it, thank God there was more than 5 bodies at this gig.

Setlist was ok, highlights for me being Open Car, Blackest Eyes, Sleep Together and Anesthetize is always welcome, the drumming alone would melt your face. Would have liked something from Lightbulb Sun but not complaining.

Does anyone think that Colin looks like he is devising a shopping list in his head while performing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Superb gig last night ... Im putting that up there with the 2 times Ive seen Rush. I enjoyed it that much.

North Atlantic Oscilation were woeful - on record they sound ok ... live - awful. The vocals were very poor.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Excellent excellent show last night. I wouldn't know much of their stuff tbh, but the sound was epic, the arrangement of the setlist was well thought out and they blew me away. I hope it won't be long until they come back :cool:

Nea wrote: »
    Does anyone think that Colin looks like he is devising a shopping list in his head while performing?
    He just looks really happy :D

Yikes that was awesome...maybe beyond that. Everything was perfect. They definitely enjoyed it anyway, much to their surprise I think too:D

72051_1580299900400_1022753294_1687622_3492271_n.jpg

Oh yes:D They were all really nice guys! Signed ticket to boot too:D Now off to do it again in Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Lucky You.
    I was going to wait around but was knackered and had to drive home, were you waiting long.
    Had ticket No.1 and wanted to get it signed, did he say anything about the crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Absolutely class gig that was, really cant go on enough about how good they were, they blew me away... Sound was class, loved the setlist and the band and crowd were really on the same page, there was a great buzz about the place throughout...

Met the whole band at their tour bus a while later with a few friends, got pics and signed tickets so happy out! Wasnt expecting them to be as sound as they were aswell, they were really down to earth and approachable...:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

He just looks really happy :D
    haha, me and my mates often discuss the fact that he must feckin' love playing bass, he always looks delighted!

Missed NAO, but glad I did after hearing reviews from people. PT were absolutely top notch, loved Gavin's magic trick, the banter and the 2 failed starts to Open Car :P

I'm afraid to go to any other concerts now, I think they've spoiled all other bands for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Show was immense, sound was utterly ridiculously good. Support band were utter ****e though, great interaction from Wilson as well. My only real gripe was with the crowd, very few people were jumping around, even less were clapping along. I was about 7 rows back right in the centre and only a handful of people to my right were jumping around. Parts of the crowd seemed a tad rude at time, some of them were roaring how The Incident is **** and all that.

WOW, that's my review of the Gig..:cool:Outstanding, good banter and interaction with the crowd, great set list and the band were on fire and very relaxed. Gerat crows as well, really into it.
    A big thank you to Mushy for sorting me out with a ticket which saved me a lot of running around and panic, i owe you one...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

siblers wrote: »
    some of them were roaring how The Incident is **** and all that.

Sorry, that could have been me, although what they did play off the incident were the songs I liked..

Advertisement