Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Curve 8900 sim card contact broken

• 13-01-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I broke one of the contacts off the sim card holder on one of these phones.

Is it a repairable problem or will I just cut my losses scrap the phone?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It would still be under warranty so send it in for repair. They might try get you to pay for it, but if you were just putting the sim in or out then they should do it free of charge.

Than handset is designer to be used, and part of that means you have to be able to put the sim in and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ah well, ya see, I was after putting a new LCD screen in it and had it all back together when I broke it putting in the card.

Think it would be out of warranty by now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Oh i see, ye changing the screen would have voided the warranty.

You could risk it for a biscuit though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Pineapple Dan

it shouldnt be that hard to repair a contact should it? SMD soldering involved? you should be able to put in some piece of wire for where the contact used to be that will do instead even though it might be a bit on the messy side

Advertisement