Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opposition parties . . All hot air . .

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Secondly the example is for illustrative not comparative purposes. It merely highlights a flaw in your argument that future party policies should supercede past party performance. You cant jump on every example i make and take offence. It boils down you believing that FF should be exempt of responsibility for their mismanagement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

I was giving that example as an extension of your thinking. You are right though, the argument is going in circles. No matter what facts we may point out that undermine your opinion you still believe an opinion cannot be wrong. If you believe opinions cannot be debated then there is no point in this argument

Secondly the example is for illustrative not comparative purposes. It merely highlights a flaw in your argument that future party policies should supercede past party performance. You cant jump on every example i make and take offence. It boils down you believing that FF should be exempt of responsibility for their mismanagement.

I never said I was offended but thats quite an extension . . disagreeable economic policies to genocide !

I don't believe that FF should be exempt of responsibility and have said so many many times. . . We just have different views on what form that responsibility should take.

And how arrogant of you to declare my opinion to be wrong. Not the facts, or my interpretation of the facts but my opinion ? ? You haven't undermined my opinion. You have just presented an alternative point of view. One that I can respect. Shame you can't do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

I wholeheartedly respect your right to an opinion but as i've said unfortunate as it may be i dont respect your opinion. I fully realise and expect that people will have different views to me, it doesn't follow that i need to respect their views (especially if there views affect me). You are entitled to your views, you are not entitled to me respecting them. I know we differ on the point of responsibility. What is the consequence of FF taking responsibility? How is it tangible? And why should it be different from other areas where taking responsibility takes the form of resignations and sackings? What form of responsibility are FF taking?

What form of responsibility are FF taking?

Working to correct the current situation . . Who can argue that Minister Lenihan isn't taking responsibility within his portfolio and working hard to address the banking crisis and the deficit. . whether you agree with the mechanics of how he is doing it or not. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Working to correct the current situation . . Who can argue that Minister Lenihan isn't taking responsibility within his portfolio and working hard to address the banking crisis and the deficit. . whether you agree with the mechanics of how he is doing it or not. . .

After the initial almightly f**k-up of the guarantee to Anglo ?

Sorry - I forgot - that's in the past too. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the alternative of a FG and Labour Goverment is even worse than what we have now! A FF / FG gov would probably be the best option! I dont want Labour to get in and have to sell my car and tv in the name of social justice! Those communists shouldnt get a sniff of being in power! If anyone bar a Public Sector worker votes for them, they really need their head examined!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the alternative of a FG and Labour Goverment is even worse than what we have now!

The whole system is rotten to the core at the moment. How anyone could imagine things worse than they are now ,needs their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

atleast FF and FG have similar enough ideologies! Labour and FG are respectively the most left an right wing main parties in Government!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

It would be good to have people like labour in government ,we're probably going to need a lot of new laws for the workforce.
    Fianna gael can cut ties that fianna fail can't.

the alternative of a FG and Labour Goverment is even worse than what we have now!

I genuinely don't think that's possible.
    A FF / FG gov would probably be the best option! I dont want Labour to get in and have to sell my car and tv in the name of social justice!

But you're OK with having to sell it in the FF version of social justice - i.e. keeping incompetent bank fat-cats in their cushy €600,000 jobs ?

Anyway, today's poll sickened me - you could paraphrase it slightly by saying "Some Titanic passengers loved lifeboats and are requesting more icebergs".

I'm saving up for my plane ticket.

• Advertisement

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think that's possible.

But you're OK with having to sell it in the FF version of social justice - i.e. keeping incompetent bank fat-cats in their cushy €600,000 jobs ?

Anyway, today's poll sickened me - you could paraphrase it slightly by saying "Some Titanic passengers loved lifeboats and are requesting more icebergs".

I'm saving up for my plane ticket.

I would paraphrase it more like this . .

"Some people recognise that the White Star Line were not responsible for putting the iceberg in their path and will be happy to board another White Star Line ship as they know that White Star Line are the only shipping line equipped to take them home again. . . "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

I would paraphrase it more like this . .

"Some people recognise that the White Star Line were not responsible for putting the iceberg in their path and will be happy to board another White Star Line ship as they know that White Star Line are the only shipping line equipped to take them home again. . . "

Well the Titanic passengers rescued by the Carpathia, owned by Cunard Lines, might not agree with you there.
    What White Star had in Common with FF was that they believed that First Class passengers should always be catered for first in a crisis before steerage passengers. Why provide a life boat for everybody ?

"Some people recognise continue to overlook the fact that the White Star Line were not significantly responsible for putting the iceberg in their path and will be happy to board another White Star Line ship as they know assume that White Star Line are the only shipping line equipped to take them home again. . . "

The White Star line didn't create the iceberg, but they ploughed full steam ahead despite potential dangers.

So phrasing it that they didn't put it there is simply sneaky FF spin so that it looks reasonable; they're responsible for hitting it at full speed, and for not having sufficient lifeboats, and for being arrogant and deluded enough to claim that it was "unsinkable".

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭simonj

By constant focus on FF/FG - two cheeks of the one corrupt arse - we perpetuate a two party system that is 90 yeas old.
    Labour - IMHO - themselves can only see an FG coalition at this point, and so tow the line required when it is politically expedient.

The Greens need a change of leadership in the Dail, and need a change in their executive to regain any trust from the electorate

We need a major change, both in political choice and in the electoral system - otherwise it is simply tweedledum and tweedledumber

n100000161740659_8484.jpg
    amhrannua.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Opposition has really gone to town on Willie O'Dea's alleged perjury in the High Court (Media Link) (Boards Link)

- Wow! When they were done with Willie O'Dea as he stood before them as Minister for Justice whose oath in the High Court was allegedly as sincere as a Pimps promise he was left in no doubt as to what they thought of him.......

Advertisement