Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer price for houses

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi despite all the reports saying that property prices are down by 30-50% the prices listed in estate agents dont seem to reflect this.
    I am looking at buying ahouse in south Dublin. How much below the asking ask price should I offer.
    If asking price is €450k does anyone know how much a house of this price is actually selling for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Current asking prices are grossly overstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

30-50% is peak prices, how much would the €450k house have sold for in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭carpediem

cflood wrote: »
    Hi despite all the reports saying that property prices are down by 30-50% the prices listed in estate agents dont seem to reflect this.
    I am looking at buying ahouse in south Dublin. How much below the asking ask price should I offer.
    If asking price is €450k does anyone know how much a house of this price is actually selling for?
    Thanks

Have heard from several different sources including an estate agent that 20% below the asking price is generally an acceptable offer in this buyer's market.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

carpediem wrote: »
    Have heard from several different sources including an estate agent that 20% below the asking price is generally an acceptable offer in this buyer's market.

I tried this but always found that other people willing to offer more...I was interested in a house.the asking price was 270k I offered 230k...the agent told me that he got an offer of 250k...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

mmalaka wrote: »
    I tried this but always found that other people willing to offer more...I was interested in a house.the asking price was 270k I offered 230k...the agent told me that he got an offer of 250k...

If this is always happening i'd say its because the EA know you believe him or her. There is no other offer, just offer what you think its worth, if its rejected move onto the next house.

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    If this is always happening i'd say its because the EA know you believe him or her. There is no other offer, just offer what you think its worth, if its rejected move onto the next house.

it happened with different agents....

yea I am trying not to go into bids war so I move into the next house. still it seems a lot of people is interested in buying last weekend end the couple of houses I viewed in Lucan were crowded with other viewers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What will it rent for? It's a good guideline as to a price TBH.

stepbar wrote: »
    What will it rent for? It's a good guideline as to a price TBH.

I think the avg rent now in Lucan for 3 beds is about 1000

Advertisement