Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to St. Joseph's Church in Ballymun

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get to St. Joseph's Church, Poppintree tomorrow.
    Travelling by bus from city centre.
    Directions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Get on the no 13 bus on O'Connell St (outside Dr. Quirkeys) and the bus stops right outside the church.

I can't get my google maps working right now but the bus turns left after Ballymun Shopping Centre and then a left again onto Balcurris Road, get off outside the shopping centre and the church is across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Get on the no 13 bus on O'Connell St (outside Dr. Quirkeys) and the bus stops right outside the church.

I can't get my google maps working right now but the bus turns left after Ballymun Shopping Centre and then a left again onto Balcurris Road, get off outside the shopping centre and the church is across the road.

Thats the holy spirit church on sillogue road.

Stay on the bus till it comes past the shopping centre again and turns left onto Balbutcher lane and get off at the second stop,
    cross the road, walk left to the next corner turn right and its at the end of the road. 2 minute walk from the bus stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

No, the 13a goes past the Sillogue Church not the 13. The 13 takes an immediate left and left again onto Balcurris Road, whereas the 13a turns right into Sillogue and then onto Poppintree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

No, the 13a goes past the Sillogue Church not the 13. The 13 takes an immediate left and left again onto Balcurris Road, whereas the 13a turns right into Sillogue and then onto Poppintree.

The 13a turns right and goes down shangan road, coultry road and then up to poppintree.
    The 13 turns left and left again onto sillogue road. No buses turn onto Balcurris road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Oh dear.
    I got caught out before by the 'many churches in small areas' phenomenon. I ended up at the wrong funeral altogether.
    I think I'll get a taxi - probably safer.
    Thanks to you both for your help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement