Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port-Monasterevin Road

Options
  • 13-01-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Sweet Jeez its worse than back in the 80s and 90s now!And I hope that bit of tarmac theyve thrown in isnt meant to be a permanent repair...!Its so bad they have contraflow lights (as if they werent enough of a curse at the Monasterevin canal bridge )Anybody know if this will be sorted soon...Contra flow lights seem to appear in vast numbers at certain times of the year and can add ages to a long journey when you meet a pile of them.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Yeah, Driving over a soft gravel repair. I'd say the road will need to be closed to repair it. I'd say pressure is on to open the other road asap.

I'd say the council are under huge pressure after the big freeze. The monastervin road is one of many roads they have to repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Argee..The roads were in bits before this freeze and its a lot worse now-
    Cant wait for the other road to open now-
    Id say the whole strech will need to be re-surfaced

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

I believe the drawbridge will be replaced / repaired once the other road re-opens. Maybe they will close the bog rd for a while until they fix it, if they bother fixing it.

Advertisement