Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Splinter Cell Conviction delayed again!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, read that earlier, it really is starting to veer into vaporware territory now though... it was originally announced in 2007 FFS (with "hobo" Sam, which was thankfully scrapped)!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,474 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anything that is pushed out of the crazy January - March release window this year is a good thing in my opinion - plenty of games are going to get drowned out in such a heavy release period.

I think does game does look promising. The stylistic touches they've discussed so far at least seem to be giving the game a unique (if totally ludicrous) edge. Never been a fan of the series, but I'm hoping this turns out decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I'm looking forward to it but at least in the meantime there is Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and Aliens v Predator. That's enough to keep anyone busy until April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

is it april this year or next year its delayed too ?

I said to myself Im goin to save money and buy no games this year. and just buy splinter cell and bioshock 2 and leave it at that.

I would be really also happy if another elder scrolls came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

cable842 wrote: »
    is it april this year or next year its delayed too ?

I said to myself Im goin to save money and buy no games this year. and just buy splinter cell and bioshock 2 and leave it at that.

I would be really also happy if another elder scrolls came out.

Splinter Cell Conviction™ is now expected to hit the stores in April 2010."

As for Vaporware........ the people from PCZone ran an article where they went and played the game, they said the 2 player co-op mode was absolutely amazing :D:)
    Don't mind waiting an extra month or 2 for this :D:), as said before, Bioshock 2, AVP, and Battlefield Bad Company2 will be out to keep us happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

*sigh*

I hate when they use the fiscal year thing. In this case moving the game from fiscal year 2009-2010 to 2010-2011 resulted in an actual one months delay. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Yeah, it's a little unfortunate, but I think it (the release schedule) being spread out a bit more helps the chances that I'll get this day one, it's a pretty crazy few months for releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

there put up some pr for splinter cell on joystiq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

You could say the developers :cool: lack the conviction to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I've wanted to get Chaos Theory but by all reports the PC version is seriously b0rked. Thats how behind I am with SC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Overheal wrote: »
    I've wanted to get Chaos Theory but by all reports the PC version is seriously b0rked. Thats how behind I am with SC.

Dunno about the PC version, but Chaos Theory seems to be most loved by fans of the series. I haven't played through Pandora Tomorrow, so I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Currently working my way through SC, Chaos Theory and Double Agent having picked them up for a song.
    Pity I'll have to wait for the newest installment now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Pity. Since we're talking about splinter cell, is it just me or was splinter cell 1 fairly innovative for consoles at the time?:D Missed the hype (if any) around the time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Overheal wrote: »

Ran fine for me back in the day. It was one of those games that required SM 3.0 for decent visuals and only nVidia had SM 3.0 cards at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

5uspect wrote: »
    Ran fine for me back in the day. It was one of those games that required SM 3.0 for decent visuals and only nVidia had SM 3.0 cards at the time.

Think it was meant to be the PC version of double agent that was seriously borked when it was first released.

Advertisement