Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup chances improving !

Options
  • 13-01-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Man U and Liverpool both out in the 3rd round.

Surely we're in with a great chance of winning it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

4th favourite ...

Chelsea 3/1
    Arsenal 11/2
    Man C 13/2
    Spurs 7/1

(odds from easyodds.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yep,I think we should give the cup a good go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Its really lost the glory it had though hasn't it? I mean is it really any different to the carling cup? I'd love to see us go for it amd win of course but 8 or 10 years ago it could make or break a season to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ziedth wrote: »
    Its really lost the glory it had though hasn't it? I mean is it really any different to the carling cup? I'd love to see us go for it amd win of course but 8 or 10 years ago it could make or break a season to win it.

I agree. And it's a shame really. I'm far more interested in our chase for 4th and if being knocked out of the cup helped that chase, I'm all for it. Anything that distracts us from getting into the top 4 this season is a negative.

Having said that, I enjoy watching teams like Reading and Leeds beat the bigger teams, especially at home, as long as it's not Spurs on the receiving end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

ziedth wrote: »
    You have to be kidding - the carling cup!!?

I admit the FA Cup Final isn't the be all and end all of the football calandar like it used to be 20 years ago. I mean it used to be bigger than winning the league!

The only reason the PL and CL have surpassed the FA Cup is MONEY, sadly. In terms of glory and prestige I still see the FA Cup as being pretty much right up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

We must have a great chance in the FA Cup now. I dont fear anyone at home, just hope we avoid away draws at Arsenal and Chelsea until late in the competition.

Hope I haven't put the mockers on us now :rolleyes:

Advertisement