Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosetta Stone problem

Options
  • 13-01-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi, I just bought rosetta stone and am having problems installing the language cd's. I have been able to install level 1 and 2 language cd but a few minutes through level 3 language cd system crashes and reboots.

using vista
    rosetta version 3.4.3A.

Anyone have same issue, any solution? Have 50gb free so no issue there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 designgirl

Hello, sorry I don"t have an answer for you.

Was thinking of buying Rosetta Stone French myself. Did you find a fix to the problem? I'm a little wary now that I'm hearing there might be possible problems. Was going to buy it second hand. Apart from the technical problem, how have you found it as a learning tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Hi designgirl
    Yes I did fix the problem, but for the life of me I can't remember how. I think there may have been a solution on the rosetta stone web site, not sure.

Anyway, I bought it to learn Irish. Having learnt Irish in school (all those yrs ago) I find it good, but would also recommend using in conjunction with grammer book.

I am not so sure how easy it would be if you were starting a new launguage that you never learnt before, I don't think it would be that easy. I would definitely say if that was the case that you would need to use other tools also..like books, and night class or something like that.

Any other questions let me know.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 designgirl

Hi WannaGetFit, thanks for replying! Glad you got the problem fixed.

I'd love to see their approach to the Irish language, would be interesting having endured the method used in Irish schools!

I'm looking at buying the French version. I did take French for two years at school but feel that all but the very basics have left me! My brain is definitely wired for visual learning so I hoped that Rosetta Stone might suit.

Thanks for your reply and sorry for piggybacking on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

designgirl wrote: »
    Hello, sorry I don"t have an answer for you.

Was thinking of buying Rosetta Stone French myself. Did you find a fix to the problem? I'm a little wary now that I'm hearing there might be possible problems. Was going to buy it second hand. Apart from the technical problem, how have you found it as a learning tool?

I love it, have used it for a over a year.If you can afford i would say go for it. If you really want to learn the language you will prob benefit from getting a junior cert book too so that you can be doing that as well. That's what i do.
    How exactly were you going to buy it second hand. it comes with a code that you type into it to activate the program. The latest version will allow you to run it on two, maybe three computers. Just check that the seller has not used all their licences or you will end up installing and you will be locked out of 90% of the exercises. Not trying to scare you but just check into it. I was selling my laptop but could reinstall on my new machine because I had another license.

Advertisement