Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Skilled Visa 175

Options
  • 13-01-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm currently thinking of applying for visa to Australia. I have been confused slightly by what I have read & heard from others. I apologize if this has been asked before.

Can somebody confirm the following is an overview of the general application process for Skilled Visa:

1. Get skills assessed by correct body. In my case it would be Australian Computer Society

2. Submit application to DIAC if suitable assessment is received.

As I have an Irish passport, if I sit the IELTS exam can I claim the 10 points for English or do I just get the 5 points?

I noticed on the DIAC website under work experience if your nominated job gets 60 points and you have been employed for at least three of the four years before the day of your application you get 10 points. Is this the date you submit your skills assessment or our application to DIAC?

My final question if I did apply for the visa and it was granted, how long do I have to take it up before it expires? The reason I ask is because I will be made redundant sometime in the next 24 months. I would like to stay until I'm made redundant and then move with the extra cash. However if the visa will expire before then I would be better waiting till I'm made redundant.

Thanks for any assistance provided.

Comments

Advertisement