Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HeartGold and SoulSilver

• 13-01-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Has anyone with any basic understanding of Japanese tried these yet? I can't wait to get my hands on HeartGold, Gold was always my favourite by far.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm looking forward to silver too, I really enjoyed Diamond, got me back into the series in a major way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Don't know any Japanese so don't have it either. I'm debating with myself whether I should get the US version or just wait the two weeks for the EU version. I can't remember how fast shipping is and such, though I do remember US RRP+shipping always ended up cheaper than EU RRP for me. Personally going for SoulSilver just because HeartGold sounds worse. :pac:

Still need to finish on Platinum first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I may get both, just so I can get both sets of Legendaries that are in the game, and to get all the starters at once (So sue me :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

I wonder if they'll rename them before they come out here, HeartGold is a bit of a crap name!

There's less of a need to buy both games these days since you can breed the starter Pokémon, and trade online, it really is quite a simple thing to get your hands on all three. The legendaries are still difficult to get though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Denny M wrote: »
    I may get both, just so I can get both sets of Legendaries that are in the game, and to get all the starters at once (So sue me :P )

You can get both Lugia and Ho-oh eventually it's just their levels are different depending on what version you played as well as their story significance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have the Jap versions of both and they are very good, even if I don't speak Japanese :P Some enhancements such as the pokémon in slot 1 follows you around and updated bottom screen, where the pokétech used to be. I'm not too far into them as I haven't a clue whats going on, but definitely something to look forward to and I will be getting the PAL releases.

That's dedication, getting both and you can't even understand them! :)

The Pokétch drove me mad in Diamond, having to go all the way through to get to the previous thing. I know they added a back button in Platinum, I hope it got some sort of menu system in these. I used to just leave it on the Itemfinder!

It doesn't have a Poketech, just an easy to use menu which is very nice :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Craguls wrote: »
    You can get both Lugia and Ho-oh eventually it's just their levels are different depending on what version you played as well as their story significance
    They weren't the Legendaries I meant. You can catch Groudon and Kyogre in the games too, Groudon in SS and Kyogre in HG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Denny M wrote: »
    They weren't the Legendaries I meant. You can catch Groudon and Kyogre in the games too, Groudon in SS and Kyogre in HG

Ah yes, as well as Rayquaza too right? I think your version also determines what Lati@s you get too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Fairly sure the likes of Mewtwo and the three legendary birds are in there too.

Davidius wrote: »
    Fairly sure the likes of Mewtwo and the three legendary birds are in there too.
    I'd say this is possible, I heard that Moltres is in Mt. Silver this time, so I'd expect the others to be somewhere around there too.

The release date has been confirmed - March 26th. They'll come with the Pokéwalker too. It's not too long after the US release, which is unusual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

So it seems some of us just can't wait for them to come out.
    Me, I am going mad but I wont give in and get a jap version. Oh no, I want the full whack when it comes out.

Shaking trees to get Pokémon to come out, it's going to be the best thing ever. AND THEY'RE KEEPING THE SPECIAL PART IN!!! YES!!!

I am buy one of them the day they come out!
    (Maybe two of them! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I tend to just get one copy myself, and still have my copy of Gold lying around up home, but so looking forward to this one!

I think my silver might be around somewhere. If I could find it I would be so happy.
    Get myself familiar with the map again.

ATAVAN!!!
    Merge?
    I got a bit ahead of myself. hahaha
    Edit: got there before me! hahaha

Way ahead of ya.

Done :)

Which are the starters for G/S again?
    My mind escapes me.

Cyndaquil, Totodile, or Chikorita

(Totodile FTW)

CianRyan wrote: »
    I think my silver might be around somewhere. If I could find it I would be so happy.
    Get myself familiar with the map again.

I don't have gold or silver anymore :( I never really got into those ones though for some reason. Was addicted to R/B/Y and then from R/S/E onwards, just not G/S/C for some reason.

• Advertisement

I got into Gold even more than Blue. Especially getting a mate with his GBC and transfer cable to let me trade my favs from Blue up into Gold! :D

Cyndaquil, Totodile, or Chikorita

(Totodile FTW)

Ah Cyndaquil. My Typhlosion use to destroy every one. :)
    I don't have gold or silver anymore :( I never really got into those ones though for some reason. Was addicted to R/B/Y and then from R/S/E onwards, just not G/S/C for some reason.

Dude, Silver was my favourite game!
    I've been really into Platinum but I can't help but feel like it's all over to quickly. They could have done way more with The Battle Frontier.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cyndaquil all the way, baby!

I picked Totodile cool.gif

Never actually got around to finishing Platinum =/ I'm about 80% finished. I did pwn Pearl though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It's all about the Totodile, then again picking you starter is a bit different now that the whole Physical/Special split is in effect.

Feraligatr now excels as a physical-based bulky Water.

Advertisement