Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Splinter Cell Conviction Delayed Again

• 13-01-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

was really looking forward to this and now it looks like it wont be released before april.

From gametrailers:
    Sorry Splinter Cell fans, looks like you’re gonna have to hold out EVEN LONGER before you get your stealthy little fingers on the next installment of the franchise. Ubisoft today issued an update on its third fiscal quarter performance and annual targets and let’s just say things aren’t as peachy as they once were. The reports got a bunch of bullet points, data, positive spin on poor sales, etc., but here’s the tidbit that’s really important to Splinter Cell fans (and those of you looking forward to R.U.S.E.):

The postponed release dates for Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction and R.U.S.E, which were previously scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2009-10, and will now be released in 2010-11. Splinter Cell Conviction is now expected to hit the stores in April 2010.

“Expected”. Damn, we just can’t get a solid release date on that game. Of course, we’ll keep you posted as more details emerge. For now, you can continue sneaking around the house in anticipation of Conviction’s eventual release…possibly in April.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/news/splinter-cell-conviction/1745

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I like this though. It means theres a huge game released each month. for the first few months of the year at least.

Mass Effect 2 - Jan
    Heavy Rain - Feb
    Final Fantasy 13 - March
    Splinter Cell - April

God of War 3 is out around those months too.

Anything big out in May?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

If there's one thing I hate more then Noobs, it's delayed release dates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

yea its probably better off especially if it makes the game better. can't wait for heavy rain, i have a feeling its gonna be something special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

It sucks that it is delayed, but truth be told, im a bit happy because I will be in the States for the last week in Feb, and i plan to pick up Demon Souls :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

demo is out on thursday (18 march)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

really looking forward to this, hopefully i won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I saw this topic back on top and thought it had been delayed again! Looking forward to the demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Can't wait for the demo tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Thought the demo is excellent, have played through it three times already :)

I'd be all over this one next month only I have college exams at the beginning of May so have to resist :(

rizzla wrote: »
    I like this though. It means theres a huge game released each month. for the first few months of the year at least.

Mass Effect 2 - Jan
    Heavy Rain - Feb
    Final Fantasy 13 - March
    Splinter Cell - April

God of War 3 is out around those months too.

Anything big out in May?

Alan Wake has been dated for May 21st. That's if it ever see the light of day! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Had a quick play of the demo. Seems really good, good tight controls and impressive graphics. Not sure I like the objectives on the buildings though. Kinda takes you out of the experience. Execute option is pretty cool though!

chrislad wrote: »
    Not sure I like the objectives on the buildings though. Kinda takes you out of the experience.

LOL! :)

I saw a video by the developers a while back and they said they did this rather than have the experience broken up by cutscenes or text boxes flashing up and taking the player out of the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

And giant letters on the sides of buildings that only you can see don't? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 jimmy5bellys

Demo was good. Ditto on the tight controls, loved that in a game.

Had a class moment while playing in on normal, after the cut scene with the scientist, I was on the pipe above the cat-walk. Drop-kill, target, target, exucution. And walked right outta there like a stone cold killer, twas class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Completely forgot this was even coming out, sure it will be a nice suprise when I actually see it on a shelf in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Downloaded it last night. Had a quick go. First Impressions are good. I liked pulling the guy out the window and i liked the writing on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I enjoyed the demo. It doesn't really feel like Splinter Cell any more though. Sure, you've got the sneaking around, climbing pipes etc., but I feel like I'm being bottlenecked into killing rather than finding an alternative route or knocking them out silently.

Also, NVG > Sonar Goggles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I feel the same way. Chaos Theory is still the top Cell game. Splinter Cell has now become run and gun. I was trying my best to do this mission with killing next to no one like the old games but you are forced to take everyone down. No more hiding bodies either.

The sonar system is a joke too. Just makes the game too easy and it looks crap imo.

Plus Fisher is older now, nearly 50 and he moves at super speed. His jumping, climbing and shimmying along pipes are all way too fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

found very little incentive in this not to gun and run once you get caught, just couldn't be bothered to reload and try again. For me it's just not the same anymore :(

It'll be a rent for me I think, I finished the last one in a day and had no desire to replay it. This looks to be similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Gave the demo a go, and taught it was pretty good. I liked the way they put there mission objectives text onto the environment. I taught that was a cool effect.

• Advertisement

Sure, you've got the sneaking around, climbing pipes etc., but I feel like I'm being bottlenecked into killing rather than finding an alternative route or knocking them out silently.

Exactly, I like having the option to avoid killing where possible. Based on the stuff they were saying though, the guys in the demo kinda deserved to be killed...awesomely.

The demo was pretty cool, the trailers gave a good impression of how the game would play. The mark and execute function is immensely satisfying, especially when you take a risk by running into a room to kill three guys, then Sam takes them down smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Enjoyed the demo will be a definite purchase for me. Was a bit let down by the graphics in the game. Thought Double Agent looked better (although that was played a long time ago at this stage). Sam has been gone too long.

Vyse wrote: »
    Was a bit let down by the graphics in the game. Thought Double Agent looked better (although that was played a long time ago at this stage).

Yeah, the graphics are a bit poor. I'm kinda hoping the full game looks a bit sharper, maybe the demo is based on an older build (like God of War 3)?

Advertisement