Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shower airlock??? triton t90

• 13-01-2010 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

hi lads,
    i was in the shower yesterday morning when the water stopped leaving the motor whirring loudly,i switched it off and it turned there had been an interruption in the mains water supply,and i had probably emptied the tank,now the water supply has been restored but all thats coming out of the head is a dribble.i have been up in the attic and made sure the gate valve is fully open,the tank isnt frozen or anything,everyyhing seems okay up there,what is my next step?or has running the shower with no water running thru it fecked the motor/pump?
    any help greatly appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

dan de man wrote: »
    hi lads,
    i was in the shower yesterday morning when the water stopped leaving the motor whirring loudly,i switched it off and it turned there had been an interruption in the mains water supply,and i had probably emptied the tank,now the water supply has been restored but all thats coming out of the head is a dribble.i have been up in the attic and made sure the gate valve is fully open,the tank isnt frozen or anything,everyyhing seems okay up there,what is my next step?or has running the shower with no water running thru it fecked the motor/pump?
    any help greatly appreciated:confused:

Turn shower temp to lowest setting, take off shower head, let hose lie down in shower tray. Turn on shower 30 sec to a min max to see if shower can draw water again, if it fails after a few attempts to bring water you'll have to open up last shower supply pipe fitting in attic and let water come out into basin until you have a constant flow, then reconnect, its air locked. Probably pex piped across attic, dips trap air, not enough head height, only a few inches, not enough to force air out. Showers motor sucks water so try the cold setting method first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭dan de man

thank you, i will give it a go in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Trojan00

items wrote: »
    Turn shower temp to lowest setting, take off shower head, let hose lie down in shower tray. Turn on shower 30 sec to a min max to see if shower can draw water again, if it fails after a few attempts to bring water you'll have to open up last shower supply pipe fitting in attic and let water come out into basin until you have a constant flow, then reconnect, its air locked. Probably pex piped across attic, dips trap air, not enough head height, only a few inches, not enough to force air out. Showers motor sucks water so try the cold setting method first.

Thanks, thats worked a treat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

Great tip there....just fixed my shower

Advertisement