Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun: Best Soundtrack/Sound Design of the Year

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,518 ✭✭✭✭

Rules
    - Best Soundtrack/Sound Design of the Year.
    - What game had you humming its music long after you'd shut off your console? Which games were best played LOUD? Or played with headphones on for that immersive experience?
    - Wii/NDS/360/PS3/PSP/PS2/PC/iPod.
    - No more than 3 Nominations per person, please.
    - Please specify the game(s) and the console(s) they are on.
    - Game must have been released on or after January 1st 2009 (search for the game on www.gamefaqs.com and look at the data tab for a release date).
    - Nominations of Games for all regions are applicable, except Wii games and some 360 games (PAL Only). Use one of the following sites to check if its region free. url=http://www.play-asia.com]Play Asia[/url | Video Games Plus].
    - Top 6-8 will go forward for the Vote (exact number dependant on number of nominations received).
    - Vote will take place soon.
    - Just one more batch of categories after this. Then its time to vote!

Nominees
    Flower
    Shatter
    Persona 4
    Unchartered 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demon's Souls
    Uncharted 2
    Persona 4

• Registered Users Posts: 26,401 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Persona 4 for me.

Uncharted 2 had some great epic scores but P4 wins it for overall catchyness........this is the way I remembered the 'otherplace' music...."hum dum diddy, bah da diddy..can't hear you..NO MORE!"

Well they probably aren't the lyrics but thats how it sounded to me everytime I emerged from the other side of the TV

EDIT: It is actually called "Backside of the TV"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPogJsxnpAM&feature=related

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,452 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Corridor is the best Persona 4 track for me, wouldn't have heard it in game since it's appears near the end but I saw a youtube link to the track on another forum. Saying that, My Affection and Heartbeat, Heartbreak can be in my head all day after a P4 session :) I picked Uncharted 2 more for the sound than the sound track. The sound mixing really was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

NFS Shift.

Love the way the sound was used to distort the player when they crashed, and how violent some of the cars sounded when you where in the cockpit view.

Uncharted 2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Persona 4 (for soundtrack)
    Flower (was going to say Demon's Souls here, but the atmosphere created by Flower's soundscape is just as impressive, plus reacts more dynamically to what is afoot)
    Uncharted 2 (for that brilliantly epic and scene setting theme tune, plus genuinely engaging voice work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Modern Warfare 2
    Red Faction

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can I pick Beatles: Rock Band or is that cheating? :D

Also nominating Shatter and persona 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Shatter for original soundtrack.
    Uncharted 2 for voice acting.
    Persona 4 for the J-Pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Little Kings Story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Assassin's Creed 2 for it's great soundtrack
    Uncharted 2 for the soundtrack, voice acting and general sound design

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Uncharted 2 - more for the voice acting than anything. Some of the making of films on PSN are quite interesting if you want to find out how it was done
    Arkham Asylum - perfect understated soundtrack
    Bayonetta (PS3 JAP import) - Great use of music, especially fly me to the moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Flower. It used music so well, the way the flowers hit a note as they blossomed and it just fitted seamlessly into the soundtrack was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Uncharted 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
    Rhythm Paradise

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aion, disappointingish game with a very good soundtrack and atmosphere created by it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement