Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkman2 Where is he ?

Options
  • 14-01-2010 12:04am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Where has he gone ?

Always enjoyed reading his analysis on what would be upcoming, but he seems to have disappeared when the cold spell had just started to bite .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Aye, ive been a few miles down the road nearer to Dublin the last two weeks. A good move ironically enough as we had a good few inches of snow for several days. Also got to witness the chaos on the roads last week aswell. It's been two weeks since I checked the weather in depth so im catching up with the charts and that today to see what the the projections are for the next couple of weeks.

Two things to watch out for in the short to mid term. One is Wednesday - could be a supprise on Wednesday for some. Snow could concievably occur on Wednesday particularly higher ground. But this will take just a little bit of tweaking over the next model runs.

And in the slightly longer term I don't think the milder weather will last much beyond the end of next weekend because of higher pressure to our North which we should see coming through over the next few days synoptically in the charts.

naefsnh-0-0-276.png?12

(red denotes higher pressure)

On that evidence you would be looking at a predominantly east or northeast wind direction so a much colder medium term outlook for the moment.

The milder weather is welcome for many though and I suspect, barring any major changes in the short term, will last through to next weekend as things currently stand. A little bit of frost and ice some nights. Other nights will be cloudy and wet. Very average in the short term.

Remember the risk of flooding remains due to snow melt and rain this week so keep up with MT's thread. It's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Darkman2 is the reason I joined up, I was hoping that wasn't the reason he had disappeared. :D

Advertisement