Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War

• 14-01-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

This used to be the favourite game for my friends and I to play online and still is on the rare occasion we get together in one room. But lately I tried to play it online myself and I was horrified by what it has become. Glitching, team killing, host kicking and worst of all the incessant activing with the sniper rifle. My once beautiful playground has become a wretched hive of scum and villainy.:mad: Is anyone else sad at the demise of Gears? Plus its not like I can go and play Gears 2 because they totally wrecked the multiplayer for that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i haven't played gears in ages and back then it was the same as your describing it. people jumping out of maps and getting kicked for no reason. as for gears 2, i hated online but i was told they released a patch which fixed alot of things but i haven't tried yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah. They're constantly releasing Title Updates for GOW 2. Last time I played it online it was really fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

I could never get to grips with GOW2. It was too damn slow, the shotgun didn't work and the chainsaw was unstoppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I could never get my head around GOW 1 or 2 on line, I could never kill players it seemed mad to empty a clip of a gun into a player and for him not to die. I just play horde in GOW2 these days as the miltiplayer is just too hard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Man that torque bow is sweet when you hit it in there just right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Thats what she said.

zing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

gears of war 1 was the king of online games, no matter how annoying it was at times haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

gears of war 1 was the king of online games, no matter how annoying it was at times haha

Truer words were never spoken. I've managed to find a couple of good games in ranked over the last couple days. I'd rather do player but I guess I have to go where the action is!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Damn straight!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

In gears 2 I cant seem to get on multiplayer at all. The game just stays at looking for party members before I eventually give up. My NAT is open and I have no problems whatsoever with any other games. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

#Daniel wrote: »
    In gears 2 I cant seem to get on multiplayer at all. The game just stays at looking for party members before I eventually give up. My NAT is open and I have no problems whatsoever with any other games. Anyone have any idea whats wrong? :(

I can't really help there,sometimes i get that too but i just change the gamemode to sometime else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think last time i tried to play it I got the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

#Daniel wrote: »

I loved Gears 1 online and got every achievement on it. Was looking forward to doing the same with Gears 2 but since E day of Gears 2 the same thing happens to me, just searches and searches and then I give up. Such a shame as its definitely in my top 3 of all time and online play added so much scope once you put in the time to get good at it.

Advertisement