Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

imme wrote: »
    Kenny made a decision.[...]

In a very roundabout sort of way; although I don't care about the debate itself, I'm more worried that he has publicly flip-flopped and made himself look indecisive. This election is all about grasping the nettle & yet Kenny seems reluctant to do so. I think he has made 4 different excuses for not attending:
    • first he wanted 5 leaders (and claimed about it being a Fianna Fáil exercise),
    • then it was because of Vincent Brown's suicide remark back in October (and he received a total apology for)
    • then claimed his empty chair would be some sort of gesture for all the emigrated (uh, what?)
    • now it's because his schedule is too full, despite suggestions to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,982 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Kind of surreal Show last night, your man from FG was a bore, Very disappointed with Trevor Sargent who came across as the Bullied school boy (he really needs to talk to someone about his dress sense), WTF was he harping on about campaign donations, it's all he talked about, what about the ****e he and his cohorts left the country in. Poor Ivana, she has a face only a mother would love and again dribbling on about big bad FF. Conor lenihan certainly looked polished (his brass neck was gleaming)

Vincent did not seem at all amused by the Gift Grub sketch, in fact he looked quite peeved at the return of the break and did not even mention it. In fact the sketch was a complete re run of a recent pod cast they did albeit in video format.

Glad to see miss stokes finally got the boot from the twittering segment but who is this O Leary fella, is he even shaving?

And finally Vinny finally got some magnification technology to help him read the newspapers.

Joan Brutal's pre recorded interview should be interesting tonight but her performance on the Frontline last night confirmed to me that she really should be locked in a cupboard or given the job of putting stamps on envelopes, she is a walking disaster.

O forgot to mention my favorite Journalist, Aine Kerr, anyone see the two page spread in the weekends indo, she is quite the babe!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Vinny on Ray D'arcy now.
    Very magnanimous about Enda in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marlamay

Vinnie is a brilliant mind and I love to watch him interview these useless politicians as he really gets under their skin. Watching Conor lenihen squirm under questioning about Mick Martins disgusting e90 000 handshake is just wonderful television.

Enda is an idiot not to have the bals to face up to him. Hes proving himself more of a dramatist than even Vinnie.

11th hour (is that its name?!) isnt a patch on Vinnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Did anyone notice while listening to that Tubridy interview that Vincent Browne's new dog is named Ella? The same name as one of Ryan's daughters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Kind of surreal Show last night, your man from FG was a bore, Very disappointed with Trevor Sargent who came across as the Bullied school boy (he really needs to talk to someone about his dress sense), WTF was he harping on about campaign donations, it's all he talked about, what about the ****e he and his cohorts left the country in.

I think you will find that FF and the PDs left the country in a mess long before The Greens even set foot in Government. It would be hard for any smaller party not only to deal with the bullies of FF but also a economic crisis which was created by 2 previous governments. They should have left sooner.

The continued back stabbing in FF and their (FF's) unwillingness to stay the course on their own policies destroyed any creditability of the government. But sure Bertie Ahearn and Mary Harney are untouchable now.
    Enda is an idiot not to have the bals to face up to him. Hes proving himself more of a dramatist than even Vinnie.

I am confussed as to how it will represent those who have left Ireland in recent years. :confused: Is it like the light in the Arás?
    pixelburp wrote: »
    • first he wanted 5 leaders (and claimed about it being a Fianna Fáil exercise),
    • then it was because of Vincent Brown's suicide remark back in October (and he received a total apology for)
    • then claimed his empty chair would be some sort of gesture for all the emigrated (uh, what?)
    • now it's because his schedule is too full, despite suggestions to the contrary.

It happened in October I thought I happened at the start of GE campaign. Get over it, they apologized now move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marlamay

Exactly, Enda is being a fool and agreeing to show up on tg4 and the other rte croney programmes he is showing us that he's basically aligning himself to the traditional FF institutions.

BTW, did you hear that Miriam O Callaghan's brother is running for FF in South Dublin?

And that Fionan Sheehans wife (political editor with the FF Irish Indo) is running for FF also?

Its a joke! Im so mad that FGael are basically the new FF the whole thing is so disheartening. FG will NOT be getting my vote now unless Enda changes his mind that is. Vincent is the only one I trust to ask the right questions. All other journalists with RTE and the irish Indo are just FF mouthpieces. Vinnie owes nothing to no-one. Thats what makes him good but also why the establishment fear him so much.

Shame on Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

marlamay wrote: »
    BTW, did you hear that Miriam O Callaghan's brother is running for FF in South Dublin?

And that Fionan Sheehans wife (political editor with the FF Irish Indo) is running for FF also?

Miriam O'Callaghan was once married to Tom McGurk and is currently Married to the new Head of TV at RTÉ who with a name like Carson possibly comes from a unionist tradition (yes he is from the north).

Fionan Sheehan is a life long FG supporter, having canvassed for them in his youth.

TV3 will have a TV debate with Enda Kenny, but it is unlike to be with VB rather it will be with Ursula Halligan who prob has some relation involved in politics. AFAIK TV3's CEO was involved with the Eircom Share debacal and also was on the BoS board. (It isn't surprising).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Elmo wrote: »
    Miriam O'Callaghan was once married to Tom McGurk and is currently Married to the new Head of TV at RTÉ who with a name like Carson possibly comes from a unionist tradition (yes he is from the north).

Fionan Sheehan is a life long FG supporter, having canvassed for them in his youth.

TV3 will have a TV debate with Enda Kenny, but it is unlike to be with VB rather it will be with Ursula Halligan who prob has some relation involved in politics. AFAIK TV3's CEO was involved with the Eircom Share debacal and also was on the BoS board. (It isn't surprising).

surprised:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Did anyone notice while listening to that Tubridy interview that Vincent Browne's new dog is named Ella? The same name as one of Ryan's daughters :D

I pointed this out on the other thread. Well the similarity, as I think Vincent spelt the dog's name as "Alla"..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

marlamay wrote: »

I All other journalists with RTE and the irish Indo are just FF mouthpieces.

I think you are being very unfair to Fionnan Sheehan, he is brilliant news reporter, he maybe married to a FF candidate but no one could accuse him of being a FF mouthpiece. You need to take another look at his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

O'Callaghans brother ran in 2007 in DSE and came about 7th. Polled reasonably well but it would be the end of Andrews if he ran again as their vote would be split.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Will the debate be available to watch online?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

tonights show has the potential to smash tv ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Will the debate be available to watch online?

Yes it will. :)http://www.tv3.ie/election2011-like-o-meter-holding.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

^^^^^
    Its great when people answer their own questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Two seconds into tonights debate and Martin has slipped up already, apparently he doesn't want politics as usual - why the **** is he running for government so??? This is going to be soundbite city tonight.

Has politico crashed???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Hello to anyone reading through this thread who dropped in looking for the 'hard hitting debate' which the Social Media man described last night.

Its very sterile atm. Martin is annoying, complaining about Labour planning to raise taxes when that's what FF have already did? They will denounce any policy another party holds, whether they have the same policy or not.

ah F******************k... missing it .. I thought it was on later!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Where is 'The Empty Chair'
    :pac:

Is Gilmore saying that Labour will default if the ECB doesn't renegotiate to a favourable position? Doubt it, but I hope someone puts that question to him.

Vincent needs to moderate more strongly, been very poor in trying to stop people going over time.

I think Vincent needs one of those chess clocks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Its very disappointing that Enda wouldnt turn up.

Martin is answering some other question there
    What about the 50bn !

Martin's getting dirty. He's awful slimy.

Martin's getting dirty. He's awful slimy.

He is FF

It was incredible that they backed ALL the debt to the bondholders... How many businesses do you know in your locality (and we all know them) where the creditors received 100% of the money they were owed.. The last one that went bust in my area (A "developer"), the creditors got 2.5%...

• Advertisement

He is FF

I know but the blatant lies and doomsday stuff is galling. Holohan never said to guarantee Anglo did he? Does he not realise this nonsense about there being no money in the atms implicates FF even further, shows just how terrible their economic policies have been? Gilmore is not ruthless enough at the same time to really nail Martin on these points, no matter how much Martin is interrupting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement