Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Martin was far too close to all the bad FF decisions to get away from them now
    He hasnt a snowballs chance of being Taoiseach either

I know but the blatant lies and doomsday stuff is galling. Holohan never said to guarantee Anglo did he? Does he not realise this nonsense about there being no money in the atms implicates FF even further, shows just how terrible their economic policies have been? Gilmore is not ruthless enough at the same time to really nail Martin on these points, no matter how much Martin is interrupting.

It sounds like FF are blaming the 'advice' they got for the decisions they made. The doomsday stuff is terrible, not to mention that we are in a doomsday scenario anyway, the imf are here to stay
    Gilmore has not been brilliant so far, he should be much tougher imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Enda Kenny is giving a speech in Carrick on Shannon now

http://www.rte.ie/news/player_live.html#schedule

He's like a Father of the bride at a wedding who has never made a speech in his life.

But he's still going to be our next leader, unlike the two people in the leaders debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

The man who established the HSE believes "in a strong health system"...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It sounds like FF are blaming the 'advice' they got for the decisions they made. The doomsday stuff is terrible, not to mention that we are in a doomsday scenario anyway, the imf are here to stay
    Gilmore has not been brilliant so far, he should be much tougher imo

It shouldn't be this hard to call out Martin on his lies and sound bites. 'supporting a strong health service' wtf does that mean Martin?

Labour really dipped in the tv3 poll there a few minutes ago, wonder what caused that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Its very disappointing that Enda wouldnt turn up.

i think he will come out better now going on it tonight. he would only get slaughtered. i dont think he is that good a speaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

telekon wrote: »
    The man who established the HSE believes "in a strong health system"...:rolleyes:

It should be illegal for any Minister to have private health insurance, especially the Minister For Health.. I mean how contradictory is it that Mary Harney had private health insurance.. some confidence in her own system, eh?

Martin doesnt like being reminded about the HSE :D

Gilmore warming up now that Health service has come up...Martin gets awful evil looking when he gets cross....

How many ministeries has Martin had ?

• Advertisement

How many ministeries has Martin had ?

Minister for Education and Science (1997–2000)
    Minister for Health and Children (2000–04)
    Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment (2004–08)
    Minister for Foreign Affairs (2008–11)

Martin claiming children/teens with poor reading skills are immigrants...more bull.

Gilmore getting in a few nice digs now

Gilmore getting in a few nice digs now

Counting the number of days was petty, makes me think "have they nothing more constructive to do with their time, perhaps working on something positive to help the country"...

Martin has won by a mile in my opinion, giving the position he is defending i.e. having been a Cabinet Minister in the party and Governments brought the country to bankruptcy ... Gilmore didnt lend enough heavy blows given the material he had at his disposal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Carrick-on Shannon. the epicenter of the country apparently

em, isnt that in leitrim???

Counting the number of days was petty, makes me think "have they nothing more constructive to do with their time, perhaps working on something positive to help the country"...

Martin has won by a mile in my opinion, giving the position he is defending i.e. having been a Cabinet Minister in the party and Governments brought the country to bankruptcy ... Gilmore didnt lend enough heavy blows given the material he had at his disposal...

It was always going to be win win for Martin considering how low they are in the polls at the moment. Not much he could have said to make people dislike FF any more than they do already imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Points on reform were actually quite interesting

Agreed it should have been a walk in the park for Gilmore, I can only hope that this is a prep for the RTE debates and he will be stronger as the weeks go on because he was fairly torrid tonight.

yeah, but Happy has to convey the 'calm reasonable non- commie' approach.

so he cant go ballistic

but Martin coming across better alright, in the few mins i 've watched it....

What'll TV3 be doing for the next 40mins?:confused:

• Advertisement

yeah. thing is FF are the last party in the known universe that would introduce a list system.
    FF soldiers of destiny do the marching and wont be getting the payoff of getting into de big house?? ye must have swallowed some 'shrooms Michael did ye?

Vincent will be reading Tweets :)

ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah, but Happy has to convey the 'calm reasonable non- commie' approach.

so he cant go ballistic

but Martin coming across better alright, in the few mins i 've watched it....

This is true and I think the possibility of SF making real gains this election is scaring Gilmore that if he acts any more extreme he'll be seen to do business with SF. Can't have that, would frighten off middle class voters.
    ArtSmart wrote: »
    yeah. thing is FF are the last party in the known universe that would introduce a list system.
    FF soldiers of destiny do the marching and wont be getting the payoff of getting into de big house?? ye must have swallowed some 'shrooms Michael did ye?

Good point and just another example of FF making promises which they don't intend to deliver on. That was the only actual policy that I remember being named, everything else was about having a strong health service and other non commital answers.

Ursula Halligan with a discussion of the debate apparently... My TV guide says Cork's Drug Wars...

Did anybody see Eamonn Gilmore looking to camera (when Martin called him on attempting to maximise his vote), with a sort of shocked, confused look.. almost reminiscent of Nixon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Post Match analysis now.

Ursula Halligan would love to have been the moderator in the debate.

She used to be the top dog around Ballymount but her political discussion show was scrapped to make way for Vinny, I think they hate each other.

cnut prone. but she's right. the cnut

Ugh, Terry Prone. I feel ill. :(

Terry Prone ffs.. the ex FF advisor and contributor to the spin that took over our political system.. Get her off....

Would have been funny if Enda dropped in to tell Ursula how he thought they did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Why is Martin shi!tting us about reform after doing nothing about it during his 14 or whatever years in the cabinet?? Is it because he knows it's what people want to hear? And he knows FFailure won't have to do any of it because they won't be in government?

Reminds me of this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mossyc123

Here comes the kiddies TV presenter Ursula Halligan to explain to the brainless Proles what just happened...

"So... who won?"

She really is a tabloid hack! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement