Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Leo's been found out as the elitist bastard he is.

They will lose votes over tonights performance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Absolutely not, people delude themselves, they won't have to pay property tax under fg - no.1. please! Leo putting in a very poor performance though for someone who is generally seen as a good speaker and a strong member of fg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Leo's been found out as the elitist bastard he is.

I wouldn't be adverse to FG but you're not far off the mark there. He is definitely representing the right wing of the party and his very obvious ambitious streak has been evident for some time now.

Definitely fancies himself as taoiseach some day. I have no qualms in saying I'd rather Enda as taoiseach than Leo. There's just something...wrong...with him.

Just can't put my finger on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

This is the worst I've ever seen Vradkar. He's coming across like an extremely right-wing Mr Bean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

No need for Constantin tonight, Vincent an atom bomb laying MF in his own right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

jesus christ - re-introduce the property boom?

this is fcking riveting - its like watching a car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

FG's attitude to the "deserving poor" can be traced right back to famine times.

"Good" poor people won't spend their money on fags and booze. The deserving poor will be happy to go on mickey mouse work activation programmes and "earn" thier subsitence stipend. It's like the outdoor relief system that resulted in famine roads and walls.

Disgusting, divisive and regressive thinking. And saddly, an attitude that is becoming prevalent in this country and easily exploited by FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

they were being considered, but not now, that is one party i will not be giving my vote to now,

Vincent has nailed leo, property tax will make money from tax exiles and vat won't - beautiful.

Its really hard keeping up with ye by the way. I'm 15 mins behind...:(

I presume Leo gets worse...

• Advertisement

telekon wrote: »

He started poorly by not wearing a tie and it all went downhill from there.

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    This is the worst I've ever seen Vradkar. He's coming across like an extremely right-wing Mr Bean.
    Hopefully, plenty of people are watching this exposition of thr FG soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm a fan of Leo, but he's having a poor enough night tonight..

Sardonicat wrote: »
    FG's attitude to the "deserving poor" can be traced right back to famine times.

"Good" poor people won't spend their money on fags and booze. The deserving poor will be happy to go on mickey mouse work activation programmes and "earn" thier subsitence stipend. It's like the outdoor relief system that resulted in famine roads and walls.

Disgusting, divisive and regressive thinking. And saddly, an attitude that is becoming prevalent in this country and easily exploited by FG.
    top class post.

the old FG being reveled here. frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

ArtSmart wrote: »
    fck me. the upcoming first mate is shooting holes in the ship

wtf is going on

Indeed. He could get out of it by talking about some policies to help reduce the number of people on job seekers allowance - thought that would've occured to him (if they're real) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

back to stone age, cannot beleive what is being asked of people who have taken huge cuts in wages already, im pissed off,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus, Leo's performance is the kind of thing that's going to persuade people to go back to FF; "better the devil you know" n' all that...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Hopefully, plenty of people are watching this exposition of thr FG soul.

No, the exposition of Leo Varadker. Remember, he's always been bit of a me-feiner and loose cannon over the last couple of years...his right winged-ness will be stifled by the party as a whole. (I hope)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

If that's their policies then the policies suck, not the presentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Not Leo's best night but everyone's entitled to the odd off day. He's normally much sharper.

Must be the lack of a tie that's done it.biggrin.gif

• Advertisement

so was i. this , i have to say, this is shocking.

i thought the younger crowd were more enlightened - i thought the like of leo would change that old fashioned thatcherism. focking shocking.

telekon wrote: »

If you have any solpadeine of nurofen plus left from the pre-clampdown days, now is a good time to pop one or two.*

*Sardonicat is in no way condoning using otc analgesics for anything other than their intended purpose. Always ask to speak to a pharmacist.

There's no way Labour will let Varadker get away with some of these policies.

Maybe he's going waaaayyyyy to the right on purpose so when its balanced out with Labour policy, it will be more near his preferred policy options. :confused:

Edit: It reminds me of planning permissions. You want 5 floors, you apply for 10 and then you end up getting permission for 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Leo Varadkar: So far to the right that I think I might have to adjust the settings on my TV screen.

Koloman wrote: »
    Not Leo's best night but everyone's entitled to the odd off day. He's normally much sharper.

Must be the lack of a tie that's done it.biggrin.gif

Its his sharpness that is the problem tonight

pixelburp wrote: »
    Jesus, Leo's performance is the kind of thing that's going to persuade people to go back to FF; "better the devil you know" n' all that...
    em, lets not go nuts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Hello there Marie Moran ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bloody hell, the more I watch these politicians, the more faith I lose in them.

All the major parties are populated by stale parties with no fresh ideas and no perception of what damage their policies would inflict.

"Increase VAT by 2% would increase revenues by €600m." No it wouldn't as it would suppress trade, curb spending and cost jobs. Bloody simple. Brian Lenihan increased VAT by 0.5% in 2008 and took it back a year later as it promoted cross border shopping. Vat on shoes, doesn't he remember budget of 82 when FG government fell?

Property tax, this is something that is missing as most countries have it but it needs to be done right. People now could not afford €2000 per year at this moment.

They need to stimulate economy to generate revenues. You can't tax your way out of a recession.

Really don't know who I'd vote for as I have seen nobody from any party who inspires me.

Maybe Mubarak should come here when he's eventually ousted!

Sorry long post...couldn't hold back....rant over!

Is she dressed for school in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

And with this Marie Moran character tonight's parade of interesting looking eyebrows is complete.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement